The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
On 6/15/2022 at 3:35 PM, bAzTNM#1 said:

Mental to think that most of the England squad in 1990 came from Rangers.

All part of the exodus so English players could play European football wasn't it?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

All part of the exodus so English players could play European football wasn't it?

Aye, a million per cent.

ADDED: You look back at how many signed pics I got when Rangers were basically playing on a scabby pitch across the road for a warmup I have Souness, Ray Wilkins, Chris Woods, Davie Cooper, Ally McCoist, Gary Stevens, Mark Walters. It's like a 1990 dream team.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Well, glad to hear that now the ground and club have changed hands, the Derby County fiasco has ben res

• Paid Members

Won't have a word said against Timo Werner. Beautiful man.

There seems to be a lot of gloating and sour grapes over Chelsea gazumping Arsenal to Raphinha. A lot of "what have we been doing??" from dem guns, but it strikes me that this is Arsenal's strategy working for them.

They don't need another attacking midfielder, but he was worth the punt at the offer they put in. He wasn't worth the punt at the money Leeds wanted,  but he was for Chelsea. Isn't that best case for everyone?

All the stick United got for how much they paid for Pogba and barely a word printed about how Lukaku is one of the worse transfers in history. All the more made worse by the fact Raphina would have suited playing with him too.

Two good buys for Chelsea though, even though he can’t shoot for shit Sterling is excellent and will put himself in enough goal scoring positions to compensate for that and if Raphina kicks on they have an excellent creative forward.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

All the stick United got for how much they paid for Pogba and barely a word printed about how Lukaku is one of the worse transfers in history.

I don't know where you're looking, but I've read loads about how awful he's been.

It is worth pointing out that Chelsea have acted, albeit not permanently, after one bad season. Pogba's only leaving because his contract ran out.

I suppose the main difference is that Lukaku went about his way of being shite quietly whilst Pogba was flamboyantly shite with his gammon rage inducing haircuts and dancing. Wouldn’t surprise me if both are the top two players in Serie A next season. 

• Paid Members

Lukaku flopping has covered for what a disappointment Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech have been as well. I'm not convinced about Raphinha either, he falls into the same category as Ziyech as being moody with occasional brilliant bursts. I don't think he's an upgrade.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Duke said:

Won't have a word said against Timo Werner. Beautiful man.

There seems to be a lot of gloating and sour grapes over Chelsea gazumping Arsenal to Raphinha. A lot of "what have we been doing??" from dem guns, but it strikes me that this is Arsenal's strategy working for them.

They don't need another attacking midfielder, but he was worth the punt at the offer they put in. He wasn't worth the punt at the money Leeds wanted,  but he was for Chelsea. Isn't that best case for everyone?

Spot on. I'm a tiny bit gutted that Chelsea have beaten us to him, but only because he's an exciting player that should strengthen you and could've been a good option for us- but not because he was a player we desperately needed. For you, if you're moving on players in those areas as suggested, then it makes sense and the fee in question is what you'd pay for a regular starter.

Of all the players we've tried to sign recently, he has surprised me the most. His position already belongs to our best player and the fee Leeds would want is far too much for somebody that will be coming on in the 70th minute to give Saka a rest. A great option to have, but not essential. If we lost out on Jesus on the other hand, I'd be distraught. 

The fans that are incensed and think we've 'bottled it' (the fuck?) have been playing too much FIFA Career Mode.

3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

barely a word printed about how Lukaku is one of the worse transfers in history

Really? He's been talked about recently as the biggest flop in history (since 1993 obvs).

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I suppose being from North Wales we mostly only discuss our local teams, Liverpool, Everton and Man United.

Fuck me, Surrey stretches quite far these days!