New Jack Dead

Wretch

• Paid Members

That's seriously done a right number on me now. I'm actually saddened to hear this. What a character that man was. 

I frequently listen to his You Shoot and ECW Timeline going to sleep, and now I won't be able to anymore because it'll make me aware of my own mortality when I'm in the dark. Same thing happened with what was probably my favourite ever shoot, in Bad News Allens'. 

He was wonderful company on a sleepless night was New Jack. 

It's tempting to call his later ECW matches guilty pleasures but they were nothing of the sort. Him battering the Baldies with a trash can full of kendo sticks, staple guns and gimmicked guitars, hotdogging to the fans like Sid on smack, all while Natural Born Killaz blared in loop was unashamedly brilliant. Actual goosebumps when the music hit, and one of those guys you could put on for a certain kind of "wrestling's for kids" mate and he'd instantly be a favourite. He did some terrible things along the way, but seemed happy in himself for better or worse. RIP

Edited by CavemanLynn

Well that's shit, I've been enjoying him popping up on Twitter again recently. He was one what really got me into wanting to see ECW after seeing the photos in Powerslam and wondering who this mad fucker was. I used to buy the shows specifically to see what crazy balcony dive he would do next which was mental for the time, as mentioned already his shoot interviews were tremendous value as well.

Obviously would never have worked out but would have loved him to pop up in WWE when it was rumoured during that Cena angle, recently watched the 1st Raven/Sandman shoot again and they tell a story of New Jack having a tryout, blow out of his arse after 2 minutes and say fuck it and walk away 😂

Never seen much SMW in depth but have seen a few of his interviews from then and they are genuinely tremendous 

• Paid Members

RIP you lovable lunatic. Somewhere, Natural Born Killaz just kicked in and someone's about to get fucked up. Maybe a bit like this 

186532512_1979082908915946_3801064217790 

As somebody who has always loved the hardcore/deathmatch side of wrestling the most, I always enjoyed watching his bloodsoaked brawls. 

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Paid Members

Remember his tag team with Shark Boy in TNA? I might have to revisit that this weekend. 

• Paid Members

It'll be ruined when it's all overdubbed by some generic hip-hop sounding music, though. The ones on those ECW DVD rereleases were bad enough. The one on Hardcore Homecoming is particularly bad.

A five reichsmark note has just been stapled to Hitler's forehead.

It was probably someone from here but I vivdly rememeber someone coming up to me at one of the Skydome shows asking why the fuck I was wearing a New Jack shirt, I wish I still had it.

5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

A five reichsmark note has just been stapled to Hitler's forehead.

It was probably someone from here but I vivdly rememeber someone coming up to me at one of the Skydome shows asking why the fuck I was wearing a New Jack shirt, I wish I still had it.

Somewhere Harold Shipman is hiding in a cupboard incase he's mistaken for Gypsy Joe.