Canelo vs Saunders - May 8 🥊 🇲🇽 🇬🇧

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

On a serious note, I thought Saunders was doing pretty well, to be fair. I thought Canelo started strong but Saunders was getting into it around the 5th or 6th. I had Canelo a round or two ahead before it was stopped. Seeing all sorts of moaning about the scorecards today, as if Saunders was schooling him or something. It was a competitive 8 rounds, a few could’ve gone either way and there was one round (I forget which) where hardly anything happened. But I definitely had Canelo up at the time of the stoppage. He was landing the more damaging shots throughout and a lot of Saunders best stuff didn’t land (that big double jab was sweet though, must admit). I don’t get the whinging about the scorecards at all. They were perfectly fair. I think some people went in with the mindset that Saunders was gonna got screwed and have tried to force that narrative after the fact because they didn’t get the outcome they wanted and it’s easier than just accepting that Canelo broke the twat’s face. That’s all that matters in the end anyway. It makes no odds whether Saunders was up or down on the cards, because the judging got rendered useless in the end anyway.

I’ll say this though, the DAZN commentators can get right in the bin with that ‘quit’ talk. For once, Carl Froch was the only one talking sense. When it comes to eye injuries and you’re risking a potential career ender or even permanent loss of vision, you can’t just ‘go out on your shield’. If he’d come out for the 9th and got his face absolutely caved in, the same commentators would’ve probably been saying the corner should’ve pulled him out. I’ve said it a load of times on here but Boxing really needs to sack off this mentality of trying to publicly shame fighters when fights end like this. I said it when a fighter I like got this shite in Daniel Dubois and I’ll say the same when it’s someone I loathe like Saunders. You expect that kind of talk from fans, who are mostly probably fat virgins sat on their arse in their parents spare room at 42 or whatever. Armchair Emanuel Stewards. But it hits different when it’s coming from pundits and commentators, people actually making a living off what these guys do. They’re the first to put the boot in and criticise when a fighter ‘quits’ but they’re the same ones rubbing their eyes and sending heartfelt tweets when a fighter dies in the ring or gets seriously injured. Get to fuck. Should be ashamed of themselves, to be honest. Not the fighter who’s actually gone in their and took a million body shots from Canelo Alvarez. 

I'd have abit more sympathy if BJS had'nt been a total dickhead about Dubois taking a knee. Banging on about real champions never quit. The guy is a tool and his own words came back to bite him

23 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I’ll say this though, the DAZN commentators can get right in the bin with that ‘quit’ talk.

Grisham is the drizzling shits in general. 

Kate Abdo is delightful though. 

Anyway, I had Canelo up by 1 point at the time of the stoppage. I had Canelo winning rounds 2,3,4 and 8 and BJS winning 5,6 and 7. I scored the opener even. It was a really fun bout while it lasted. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

I'd have abit more sympathy if BJS had'nt been a total dickhead about Dubois taking a knee. Banging on about real champions never quit. The guy is a tool and his own words came back to bite him

Yeah my point isn’t so much about Saunders specifically, I just hate that talk in general.

Anyway I forgot about those comments he made about Dubois. As you were DAZN. 

F678CE77-090F-432B-82DF-5ECD65E39E4E.gif

• Paid Members

Where can I watch the fight later? Couldn't catch it last night as I had something on. But I'm always happy to see a cock-end like Saunders get his, even if he's making out like a fucker money-wise.

In the meantime:

wheres wally1.jpg

22 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

@Carbombget a DAZN subscription on the go, 2 bucks.

Which currently exchanges at £1.48. 

I reckon Saunders will try and save face, or what’s left of it, by saying he didn’t quit, his corner stopped the fight. Either way it was glorious to see him lose. Really good fight, I also had Alvarez ahead by 2 or 3. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, a corner pulling someone out is sometimes as much about saving someones reputation going forward as much as it is anything else.

Tibbs whispered something to Saunders before they made the decicision and Saunders didnt complain at all at the finish so i assume it was mutual. He was a beaten man.

I don't know what it is about british boxing pundits and former fighters on TV, but they seem very apprehensive to come out and say certain things against certain fighters. 

Whenever Chisora loses they always say it was a robbery etc....lets see Liam Smith and others call Saunders a quitter like they did DDD. Cant wait to see what Bellew says about Saunders, as he is another idiot (like saunders), who says they will die in the ring before “quitting”.

i had Canelo ahead, quite easily. Saunders had 2 half decent rounds, thats it. Canelo does that around 5/6/7 when he is either taking a breather or closing the distance. He had tried for the uppercut a few times, just missing narrowly missing. 

The commentary was bias towards Saunders.

The finish was beautiful. Canelo calling the crowd on. He me be a roided up fucker, but 90% of them are. Hes the best boxer to watch on the planet right now.

Also the production was the best i have ever saw from a boxing match, DAZN or Eddie have definitely watching Wrestlemania.     

Edited by Mr Lawrence