What have you missed most in 2020?

DavidB6937

Obviously it's been a right shitter of a year but most companies have managed to pull something half decent together from time to time.

What have you missed personally?

I was really hoping NJPW would come back to London this year as the Royal Quest crowd was one of the best I'd ever been to. So I think live events, especially that one, would be top of my list. There's nothing quite like the atmosphere.

16 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Going to this year's Wrestlemania, NXT Takeover Tampa.

gutted that I missed out on Takers last match and Metallica playing him to the ring (according to Steph) and seeing Drew winning the world title in person

Yeah this for me, had Tickets to Mania and Raw 

It was going to be my 9 year olds (she was 8 at the time) first holiday as well and we were spending 10 days out in Tampa.

I was looking forward to seeing Goldberg live, Aside from The Rock he is probably the biggest name I've never seen in person and My wife knows him from his appearances in The Goldbergs and NCIS:Los Angeles so it was a little cool thing for her as well

And when you look back and see it was The Undertakers last match and Drew winning the title which as a Brit would of been great to have been in the audience for it was even more a disappointment.

We had planned to go to LA instead but that isnt going to happen now so we will plan for 2022 instead and hope for better times.

But yeah just from a viewing perspective, it's easily the live crowds, no matter how good the in ring stuff has been this year I dont think I'll ever really be tempted to go back and watch due to the emptiness of it all.

Edited by MVP RULZ

• Paid Members

I miss thinking wrestling wasn’t full of rapists and sexual abusers and now that has ruined my enjoyment of certain wrestlers and the sport as a whole (but also seen some blackballed from the industry, which is positive. But not all, and that needs to change).  

Seeing my friends I go to shows with. Usually attend about 50ish shows a year, plus other events that are wrestling related and had 6 before everything closed off. Shows wise, don’t miss much. 

8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I miss thinking wrestling wasn’t full of rapists and sexual abusers and now that has ruined my enjoyment of certain wrestlers and the sport as a whole (but also seen some blackballed from the industry, which is positive. But not all, and that needs to change).  

I was sadly under the impression it was pretty common knowledge thhe business is full of fuckin hideous people. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I was sadly under the impression it was pretty common knowledge thhe business is full of fuckin hideous people. 

I knew there were a few, but I don’t think we knew just how many there were, or maybe just hoped there wasn’t that many.

This is a difficult one for me to answer. 

I'd love to have seen how AJ Styles and 'Taker would have worked together in a standard match, but the visual of Undertaker riding off into the night after the match they did end up is a very memorable and very fitting end to his career as an active wrestler. 

I miss rabid AEW crowds, but the situation also gave us the Stadium Stampede match, which was an absolute blast. 

The Roman Reigns heel turn would have been great in front of a crowd, but some of his actions and behaviours have felt all the more real because of the current setting, it doesn't feel like he's trying to get a response with his actions, he just feels truly despicable and dangerous. 

2020 has forced companies to innovate and that's something wrestling has lacked for some time. It also means I'll value what we had before all the more when it does come back. 

Don't get me wrong, 2020 has in no way been a positive for wrestling or its performers. But it has led to moments that we'll remember for years to come.