UFC Vegas: Smith vs Clark - Nov 28 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bit of a kicker for smith and Clark jumping up to main event...... possibly fighting for 2 more rounds without training for it and not getting any better of a payday for it but them'z the tings you have to bare in mind in this covid era UFC card's.

Not really anything on here now that gets me excited or interested I'll watch out of necessity and routine but it's a massive blow loosing the main event the night before. I wanted my Derick Lewis fix god damn covid.

No one is going to step in 24 hours to go against Lewis. It also sucks for him going through a training camp and literally being there ready to go only to get pushed back possibly to December. 

Also what card are they planning on putting this on in December. December is fucking stacked as it is you can't put a former fight night main event fight low down on a show it devalues the fighters and there product overall doing that?!

• wandshogun09 changed the title to UFC Vegas: Smith vs Clark - Nov 28 🇺🇸
  • Paid Members

It was never the strongest of cards but at least it had Lewis and the Moicano vs Fiziev corker. It’s been reduced to one of the shittiest cards of the year now on paper. I’m expecting Baeza vs Sato and Carlyle vs Algeo to be bags of fun but the rest...ugh. Even Anthony Smith, I usually enjoy watching him but never been fussed with Clark at all. I think I’ll completely skip the prelims for this and I can’t recall the last time I didn’t at least flick through them. 

Yeah i don't believe this one is going to do good numbers at all especially going up against the jones jr vs Tyson fight. 

Who knows it could be a night of incredible finishes and blow the roof off the place but it's defiantly lost the only hype factor this show had by far

17 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Bit of a kicker for smith and Clark jumping up to main event...... possibly fighting for 2 more rounds without training for it and not getting any better of a payday for it but them'z the tings you have to bare in mind in this covid era UFC card's.

This is the second time this year Smith has been bumped from co main to main on short notice (Rakic).

The first fight remained as a 3 round fight and Smith said in an interview with Helwani it’s because they wouldn’t pay him any more to go 5 rounds.  

So that makes me think that they are paying him extra this time around otherwise it would have stayed as a 3 rounder. Either that or he’s worried about being cut if he goes on a 3 fight skid so he’s trying to stay in their good graces.  

12 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

This is the second time this year Smith has been bumped from co main to main on short notice (Rakic).

The first fight remained as a 3 round fight and Smith said in an interview with Helwani it’s because they wouldn’t pay him any more to go 5 rounds.  

So that makes me think that they are paying him extra this time around otherwise it would have stayed as a 3 rounder. Either that or he’s worried about being cut if he goes on a 3 fight skid so he’s trying to stay in their good graces.  

he did a interview last night after the weigh in's and talks abit on his mindset and the whole situation being bumped up last minute. 
Even if i don't really like him as a fighter, You can't have anything but mad respect for the guy for doing this and agreeing to go a extra 2 rounds untrained and mentally unprepared for it. If you love and respect this sport you have to take into account how draining potentially going for a extra 2 rounds/10 minutes could be for you. 

• Paid Members

Smith deserves credit but he needs to be making smart decisions rather than rash decisions when it comes to his career. Cant help but feel that the skid hes on could have been prevented if he didnt seem so intent on proving people wrong. That said, I do think its that as well as Smith just finding his level in the upper tier of the UFC as well.

• Paid Members

Just caught up on a bit of this. Was alright from what I’ve seen but at the same time, doesn’t look like you missed much if you decided to skip it either.

Like @Panhead said, Maness vs Sanders was probably the highlight from what I saw. Good stuff and I’ll be looking out for Maness’ next fight.

It was nice to see Anthony Smith back in the win column after a rough as fuck year. He really needed a fight like this after fighting some beasts in his last few. Still think he’s pretty much found his level though. Nothing wrong with that and there’s still some fun fights you can make with him, just don’t see him making any waves in the title picture. Saw some talk of him and Paul Craig doing battle next and I’d be down for that.

What else?

Miguel Baeza continues to impress. It’s early days but he really looks worth keeping an eye on.

Su Mudaerji really stood out to me as well. I had vague memories of him looking pretty sharp in a previous fight and he levelled up again here getting the quick finish. I want to see him against someone we’re more familiar with next time though. Hard to gauge a performance when you don’t really know much about the opposition.

Oh and Gina Mazany probably kicked Rachael Ostovich out of the UFC, literally, with that crushing body kick. I skipped the fight because I thought it’d be shite, but I caught the finish. Ouch...

F2C8DD75-4DEB-4C9C-B8E4-1F782B9F4040.gif

• Paid Members

Didn't watch any of this at all. Probably the first show of the Covid era that I have completely skipped. A few that I've only watched main cards on etc, but this one? I just didn't care about any of it.

I reckon you would have a solid case at trial with the UFC Wand. The amount of time and effort you've put into all the show write ups, only for every single show to go tits up at the eleventh hour. Every time there's a new post in a thread I think another main event has bit the dust!