UFC Vegas: Smith vs Clark - Nov 28 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Saturday 28th November back at the UFC APEX in Vegas. 

350-EB81-F-82-CC-44-F4-9-F79-686063-D048

ESPN+ MAIN CARD
Anthony Smith vs Devin Clark

Miguel Baeza vs Takashi Sato

Parker Porter vs Josh Parisian

Spike Carlyle vs Bill Algeo

Ashlee Evans-Smith vs Norma Dumont

Kai Kamaka III vs Jonathan Pearce 

ESPN+/FIGHT PASS PRELIMS 
Martin Day vs Anderson Dos Santos 

Rachael Ostovich vs Gina Mazany

Su Mudaerji vs Malcolm Gordon

Luke Sanders vs Nate Maness 

As always, the official bout order won’t be confirmed until closer to the day of the show. This is just how it’s been listed elsewhere. Bit of a 50/50 card for me. A lot of the undercard isn’t doing it for me but there’s enough on there that I like to make it worthwhile.

AA31646-A-F95-B-4-FF6-B665-9-E9054-B8-E6

Anthony Smith vs Devin Clark. Decent fight. The much needed step back Smith probably needs right now. He’s been fighting nothing but killers the past couple of years and he’s taken some serious punishment. The Teixeira fight was brutal on him, then Rakic just bashed him about in August. Clark isn’t a bad fighter but he’s certainly a couple of levels below where Smith’s been operating in recent fights. I’d favour Smith all day here but I just don’t know anymore. What have all those fights taken out of him? People forget he’s only 32. He’s got a lot of miles on him and he’s had a long career. This will be his 50th fight. The last few years have been rough and even the wins have mostly been comebacks where he’s had to take a hiding before rallying to a finish. Clark is a fairly average, middle of the pack 205er but he’s coming off a couple of wins and his confidence will be high after derailing the unbeaten Alonzo Menifield in his last fight back in June. I’m still giving Smith the edge but the timing feels ripe for the upset.

EB8-AEEE7-1-F8-B-4-EC2-9578-B7962-B72137

Parker Porter vs Josh Parisian. Bit of a nothing happening Heavyweight fight. Not too familiar with either of the big lumps. Porter is 9-6 with 8 finishes. Got stopped inside a round in his UFC debut in August. He actually fought Jon Jones way back in 2008 in what was Jonny Bones’ 5th pro fight. It lasted 36 seconds. Parisian is 13-3 with 12 finishes and comes into this one off the back of 6 knockout victories in a row. His last fight was on DWCS and he won by first round KO. It’ll do as prelim fodder. Parisian sounds alright, to be fair.

75-AB28-A3-F0-D6-4-F7-C-9-DED-694-CFA42-

Miguel Baeza vs Takashi Sato sounds like a full on Nov 5th fireworks display just a few weeks late. Love this matchup. Baeza is a product of Dana’s Contender Series and one of the least hyped prospects on the roster at the moment. I don’t really know why that is. Maybe it’s that crappy ‘Caramel Thunder’ nickname, I don’t know. He looks legit so far though. He’s 9-0 with 7 knockouts and has stopped Matt Brown and Hector Aldana in his two UFC appearances. And Sato is all aggression, all the time. He’s 16-3 with 11 knockouts and clattered Jason Witt in just 48 seconds in his last fight. His only hiccups really have come in the grappling so it’ll be interesting to see if Baeza goes that route this time and shows us a new wrinkle to his game or whether he fancies another KO. Either way this has a good chance of bagging FOTN.

528-D975-E-7-DC2-4-B93-812-F-DA6-A6-B28-

Spike Carlyle vs Bill Algeo. I’m expecting a really frantic, fast paced battle out of these two. Carlyle seems a right weird bastard. I’d expect nothing less from a man nicknamed ‘The Alpha Ginger’. He battered Aalon Cruz quick in his UFC debut but lost on points to Billy Quarantillo in his last fight in May. Wild little fucker though. I remember thinking my Sky box had fucked up and got stuck on fast forward the first time I saw him fight. Algeo I’ve only seen once. He made his UFC debut in August against Ricardo Lamas in what turned out to be Lamas’ farewell. Algeo lost a decision but he’d also stepped in on short notice and it was a belting fight that got FOTN. It was supposed to be Ryan Hall against Lamas and I remember being gutted when Hall fell out and being underwhelmed by Algeo as the replacement as I’d never heard of him. By the end of that fight though, Algeo had won me over and I was already looking forward to his next fight. Matching him up with a pocket size loon like Carlyle is perfect.

C56-E2-F66-D44-F-49-C5-B194-346377-CF8-E

Ashlee Evans-Smith vs Norma Dumont. Not much to this really. Never particularly rated Evans-Smith. Her main claims to ‘fame’ have been her win over Fallon Fox years back and getting headlock choked unconscious by Raquel Pennington. Not a glittering CV. There was also a story a few months back about her and her boyfriend stealing medical equipment and PPE or something that had been donated to a hospital right when the COVID pandemic was kicking into full swing and hospitals were struggling to cope. So yeah, fuck her. Norma Dumont is Brazilian and has a record of 4-1. The one loss being her UFC debut back in February where she got stopped in a round by Megan Anderson. Sounds bad but all I remember about her was she had a big jiggly bum. I’m hoping she wins this for that reason and because her opponent is a cunt. Other than that I’m not massively arsed. I’ll tell you who is though, Norma Dumont. Norma Dumont is massively arsed.

B4-DA3-BB3-0468-4-AE4-98-E5-D0-DB73-BA59

Martin Day vs Anderson Dos Santos. Like a few fights on this card, I haven’t seen enough of these two to make me excited about this one. I enjoyed Day’s last fight though. He had a cracker against Davey Grant that was buried on the early prelims of the stacked UFC 251 card in July. Fun scrap but he got knocked out late on. I saw enough that night that I want to see more of him though. He’s Hawaiian, 8-4 with 5 finishes. Can’t really remember Dos Santos at all. He’s 20-8 with 16 finishes. Both of these guys are coming off back-to-back losses so this is must win if they want to stick around.

4-C933503-3-C56-44-D0-AE66-49-A77-DE7489

Rachael Ostovich vs Gina Mazany. Can’t say I have high expectations for this. Ostovich has a losing record of 4-5 and is coming off back-to-back submission defeats. Sounds harsh but I think it’s pretty obvious she’s only being kept around because she’s fit. If she was actually any good she’d probably be the UFC’s poster girl now but she’s not all that once the cage door shuts. Mazany isn’t doing much better though. She’s 6-4 and got done in 22 seconds by the Raging Panda in her last fight. Not the best this. I expect Ostovich to be in Bellator this time next year, having a ‘selfie stick on a pole’ match with Valerie Loureda.

D8-E1409-C-C88-E-4686-B4-E0-682-D1-FDA4-

Kai Kamaka III vs Jonathan Pearce. Not really sure what to expect out of this. I’ve never seen Kamaka fight before. He debuted on the Miocic vs Cormier 3 prelims in August and beat Tony Kelley on points. He’s Hawaiian, 25 years old and has a record of 8-2. That’s all I’ve got. And I’ve only seen Pearce once as well. He fought on the Boston card last year and just got bulldozed by the hometown boy Joe Lauzon in 90 seconds or so. He’s got a hint of TJ Dillashaw about him to me so based on that alone I hope KK3 chins him.

244589-D6-663-A-450-D-BA7-F-8-E53-D34-C6

Su Mudaerji vs Malcolm Gordon. Haven’t seen a great deal of either man. Mudaerji is Chinese, 24 years old with a record of 12-4 and 11 stoppages. I’ve got fuzzy memories of his last fight against Andre Soukhamthath and vaguely recall thinking he looked pretty slick but that’s it. That was over a year ago now as well. Gordon I’m even less familiar with. Only seen him once, his UFC debut in July, and he got swiftly subbed by Amir Albazi in a round. To be fair to him though, he’s a former Flyweight champ for TKO promotion in Canada, 12-4 and had finished 4 opponents on the trot before that loss to Albazi. We’ll see.

52-BB73-A0-F2-B0-4-DA5-8728-A124931-FF58

Luke Sanders vs Nate Maness jerks the curtain. Sanders hasn’t fought since February 2019 for some reason. He’s 13-3 now and at one point he looked a bit of a hot prospect. Came into the UFC undefeated and surprised everyone by choking out Maximo Blanco in a round in his debut. It’s been mixed results ever since though. He did knock out the once great Renan Barao in his last fight but, like I said, that was over 18 months ago now and Barao was shot to bits anyway. Never seen Maness before. He’s 12-1 and decisioned Johnny Munoz in his UFC debut in August. 

That’s your lot. 

Edited by wandshogun09

This main event scares the ever loving shit out of me. Anyone that knows me knows just how much i LOVE derrick Lewis but this is not going to be a easy night for the black beast, Curtis Blaydes has the most terrifying power in those hands. This card is in my diary however i feel i will be watching the main event through my fingers.

Should the black beast walk out with a strong, decisive finish he surely has to be in the running to be back in line for another title shot?

• Paid Members

It’ll understandably get lost in all the talk of Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones and Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce the same night but this is also on Saturday.

Few bits and bobs on there I’m kind of into but it’s not the strongest card and losing Moicano vs Fiziev was a real blow. That one’s been moved to UFC 256 in December and was the best fight on this card for me. Still some decent fights here. Baeza vs Sato is probably my pick of the bunch now, Carlyle vs Algeo should be a really lively main card opener and Anthony Smith is never really in dull fights. It’ll do but losing Moicano vs Fiziev really hurt this card for me. Doesn’t help that Blaydes is probably going to just squash Lewis in the main event. 

• Paid Members

Blaydes Vs Lewis is dreadful matchmaking in my book. Nobody wants to watch Derrick Lewis flailing about on his back like an upended turtle. 

Blaydes putting an elbow through Greg Hardy's head, or Lewis giving Tuivasa a shooey up his hole, now those are ideas I can get behind. 

Oh guy's if you have any idea even just a small amount about me (and i've previously commented about this fight) I am not looking forward to this one and i will be watching through my fucking fingers the entire main event!!! I LOVE the black beast......I mean LOVE but this is not going to be a easy/good night in the office for him. I will scream the roof down if he gets a win but i can't say i'm overly confident. 

This card has been creeping up like a bad smell and now it's here i can't say i am not deeply worried. If derrick wins it absolutely draws him back into the title picture, If he looses i can see him topping the bill or co main eventing fight nights for another year and a half at least and i don't know how much more time he has and wants to give for not alot of money and not alot of recognition so alot rides on this one for him and me as a fan

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Blaydes Vs Lewis is dreadful matchmaking in my book. Nobody wants to watch Derrick Lewis flailing about on his back like an upended turtle. 

Best give it a miss Kfogg because this ^ is exactly how it'll go down.

Fully expect Blaydes to take down and hold down Lewis, with him getting increasingly knackered as the fight progresses. A unanimous decision win, after which still not a single person will be interested in seeing him fight. Including me.

Just cut him, Dana. Let him go stink up Bellator. He's a waste of a pay cheque.

Anthony Smith is always worth watching, so I'll check that out. Apart from that, I'll watch nothing else of this card. 

I find myself increasingly watching the main and co-main and sacking off the rest. The cards just aren't as good, with too many fighters I don't know. There's too much combat sports on the telly this weekend to fuck about with no-name UFC prelim fights.

I've been the same for alot of the show's over the last few weeks with me not really knowing alot of the fighters but for the most part they have ended up being pretty good and introduced me to some new exciting fighters. 

The closer this gets the more nervous I'm getting for Derick, I think if he gets the win I'll scream the place down but blaydes will not go in there and stand and bang with Lewis his out of nowhere knock out power is very well known. It's been said perfectly above if blaydes does just take him down and lie on him for 5 rounds then that will piss everyone off and really hurt his future fight opportunities. 

Where does blaydes go from here if he does get a decent win against Lewis and the same question reversed if Lewis takes a strong win