General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Probably, but considering Lincoln were promoted from the National League in 2017, to be in the playoff final to get in the Championship in only 4 years is remarkable. It's not like they have either any money or a history of playing at that level. Lincoln have never been in the second tier in their history. 

I have a weird soft spot for Lincoln because they always appeared on Central Sports Special : Goals Extra on a Saturday evening, hardly any time after the 3 o’clocks had finished. So much time spent watching Derby, Lincoln, Swindon etc just to see the goals for a couple of 1st division games from Villa, Forest and Coventry a little earlier than Sundays “The Match.”

Ah, memories. “Rod Wallace made it look easy as he raced through the Spurs defenders, reduced to helpless onlookers. Goal Of The Day, contender A.”

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Have Lincoln still got that air raid siren that they used to sound everytime they got a corner?

I don't think so. I don't go to the Lincoln games as I am not a fan, I just live near Lincoln.  The last time I went was when Millwall played there, the last time Lincoln were in this league. As an away fan I can tell you that the air raid siren was fucking annoying. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I don't think so. I don't go to the Lincoln games as I am not a fan, I just live near Lincoln.  The last time I went was when Millwall played there, the last time Lincoln were in this league. As an away fan I can tell you that the air raid siren was fucking annoying. 

I thought it was hilarious. It wasn't that actual siren that got me, but the way it wound "down" after the corner came to nothing like it was disappointed at the anti-climax. It used to really tickle me...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

At that time Millwall's back 4 had the aerial defence of France in 1939, so it was definitely annoying. 

What year was that?

• Paid Members
Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Mid 2000s I think. It's been a while. 

Ahh, right. My brother-in-law played in their defence from 2013-16, so I was hoping I had something else to take the piss out of him for...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

Ahh, right. My brother-in-law played in their defence from 2013-16, so I was hoping I had something else to take the piss out of him for...

Is he playing in the Championship next year by any chance?

Weird sounding I realise but based off your clues you've given over the years I think I've finally worked out who it is.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Is he playing in the Championship next year by any chance?

Weird sounding I realise but based off your clues you've given over the years I think I've finally worked out who it is.

He will, yes. Or at least the team will. Not sure what his contract situation is off the top of my head, and haven't spoken to him much since I split from his sister last year. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

He will, yes. Or at least the team will. Not sure what his contract situation is off the top of my head, and haven't spoken to him much since I split from his sister last year. 

Sorry to hear about the split chap.

Yeah it turned into one of those, who has played for a, b, c etc and I finally twigged it.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Sorry to hear about the split chap.

Yeah it turned into one of those, who has played for a, b, c etc and I finally twigged it.

To be fair, it's only to respect his privacy I'm not open about exactly who he is. It's not like he's a big name or anything, but I always think it's better to err of the side of caution. If someone us able to work it out, then fair enough, I say...`

What a great end to a proper miserable Premier League season. Liverpool have been neither good nor lucky but somehow managed to tick both of those boxes in the last stretch. At least we can look forward to Jadon and Kylian linking up with the boys now  that Champions League is confirmed. If nothing else this season gave me one of the greatest moments as a Liverpool fan in the 112th minute of time added on at The Hawthorns.

Nice to see The Ev somehow go backwards even though they have a very tidy team and a formerly great manager. Once you’ve been touched by Everton etc.

• Paid Members

Fucking awful season for my lot. About four players turned up consistently, and the rest couldn't give a clanging bollocks. 

I've no delusions of grandeur - believe me - but I expected a bit more from that team working under a manager like Ancelotti. But sure, they get tired, the poor wee pets, don't they. 

I'm sure Billy Sharp was tired, but he still turned up when no-one would have dared expect it of him. 

Edited by Scott Malbranque