Switch off TV

KingofSports

8 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Irish Whip — takes me right out of it. Once someone gets irish whipped and comes back off the ropes, I'm turning it off. I'll allow for a whip into the corner.

Itss the je of the few moves that look like that could be legit. I've been thrown off and if you get pushed yard you fly. 

Almost every move looks move contrived. Esp punches. We all know what it's like to be punched in the face. Ten in the corner was ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

Itss the je of the few moves that look like that could be legit. I've been thrown off and if you get pushed yard you fly. 

Smaller wrestlers, bigger rings, and not enough of them have taken a 'shoot' whip.

The fact that the opponent will get posted into the corner and then wait is less forgivable, but none of this makes me switch off.

I'll hit fast-forward on the Bucks' entrance (I'll put up with their flashy shit in-ring, but they are staggeringly uncool) and if Brandi Rhodes comes out to wrestle. The spear is officially the "have this as a finisher because you'll fuck it up the least" of this generation.

Edited by CavemanLynn

20 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Konnan constantly shoung "viva la raza" and "bowdy" something still has me saying "fuck off" when watching WCW on the Network not to dissimilar to when watching it all those years ago.

"Orele, Orele, let me speak on this. You like this shirt? Touch i- That's enoooooough!"

What a load of glorious bollocks.

Edited by CavemanLynn

3 hours ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Konnan constantly shoung "viva la raza" and "bowdy" something still has me saying "fuck off" when watching WCW on the Network not to dissimilar to when watching it all those years ago. 

If ever something was a perfect example of WCW's stupidity, that was it. Although you could argue they had too much TV time to fill, allowing Konnan to go out there week after week and piss away prime-time TV with tired catchphrases that didn't help get over a match, angle, or PPV was just criminal behaviour. Save that kind of shit for warming up the live crowd before the TV camera start rolling.

There was a point where Konnan would tell people to peel his potatoes and toss his salad, which came from the HBO prison special in the mid 90s. The former meant to lick balls, the latter to eat somebody's arsehole with jam or syrup. The guy in the documentary preferred syrup. 

WCW standards and practices clearly hadn't seen that show. 

4 minutes ago, mikey said:

There was a point where Konnan would tell people to peel his potatoes and toss his salad, which came from the HBO prison special in the mid 90s. The former meant to lick balls, the latter to eat somebody's arsehole with jam or syrup. The guy in the documentary preferred syrup. 

I loved the mad shit that used to get through back then. That's the bonkers thing about wrestling shows - if you got the talent that can talk (even if it is bollocks) and work (even if it is an entrance and 5 minutes of filler), then filling two hours of decent entertainment should be a piece of piss.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, mikey said:

Made it through to here too: