Switch off TV

KingofSports

Konnan had way too much access to premium cable.  I'm pretty sure that Kevin Nash and K-Dogg's "bond" and "chemistry" was entirely based around their shared puerile sense of humour.

Oh, that's another one that used to make me switch off.

Kevin Nash's skits when he was booking WCW.

1 hour ago, mikey said:

Konnan had way too much access to premium cable.  I'm pretty sure that Kevin Nash and K-Dogg's "bond" and "chemistry" was entirely based around their shared puerile sense of humour.

Oh, that's another one that used to make me switch off.

Kevin Nash's skits when he was booking WCW.

Even when Nash was on commentary? interested kevin nash GIF

At the time, there was a massive backlash of "this motherfucker is killing this company for his own amusement". Whether he actually was is another matter but there was an anti-Nash agenda backstage that worked its way back to all the sheets.

Pro-Nash revisionism is relatively new but started with a Bam Bam Bigelow shoot before he died where he was adamant that Nash tried to turn WCW around but the workers wouldn't play ball.

If we're going to talk about WCW commentary, despite (or maybe because of) his rampant misogyny, racism and homophobia, I always liked Stevie Ray. 

Edited by mikey

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, mikey said:

Pro-Nash revisionism is relatively new but started with a Bam Bam Bigelow shoot before he died where he was adamant that Nash tried to turn WCW around but the workers wouldn't play ball.

WCW was so far gone by that point it was beyond saving really, although I still resent the fact that Bischoff/Fusient 2001 Big Bang reset was never allowed to happen.

Perhaps coupled with the WWF's best days behind behind it post WM 17, and an obvious pro-WCW audience being out there somewhere (given that they never bothered watching the WWF even when it went under), it may have stood a chance.

Edited by garynysmon