Switch off TV

KingofSports

Stuff in wrestling that has you literally scrambling for the remote (current or historic). It's a wide field & can be for any reason, with or without justification. A few examples, with doubtless more to follow:

(I) In terms of verbals, I give '2 warnings'. Third time, you're so fucking gone.

Vicky Guerrero - "Excuse me!"
Matt Riddle - "Bro"
Steve Austin or any crowd repeating "What?"

(II) The very sight of you is sufficient in itself.

Baron Corbin - who the actual fuck are you?...in your cunting crown.
Eddie Edwards - uuuuuuuugghh
Don West - Daffy Duck bastard
Danshoku Dino - No. I don't wanna see your arse, son.

Please add your own

Edited by KingofSports

An odd one I admit but 20-30 minute main events, not big well promoted matches on TV but when it's things like thrown together tag matches. I can sit though snappier mid-card stuff but when I've got little investment in the story lines or it seems pretty obvious what's going to happen. I'll say to myself "right, that's it ill skim to the last minute of Raw and have look if I missed anything." but most of the time I haven't and saved around half an hour. 

i)

Justin Credible's "It's not the coolest, it's not the best" catchphrase - fucking die, bag-carrier.
Any Jeff Jarrett catchphrase (spelling out his name, slapnuts, etc) - just because I hate it, doesn't mean I want to tune in to see you beaten.
Paul Heyman's "Brrrrrrrock" schtick - it was stale before Lesnar retired to try out for the Vikings.

ii)

WWE in general - it's like watching dreadful wrestling whilst having somebody whack you over the head with a drum beater.
Mad Mikey Nichols - a disgrace to the name Mikey
Guerillas of Destiny
Jake Hager
Jake Lee

14 hours ago, simonworden said:

An odd one I admit but 20-30 minute main events, not big well promoted matches on TV but when it's things like thrown together tag matches. I can sit though snappier mid-card stuff but when I've got little investment in the story lines or it seems pretty obvious what's going to happen. I'll say to myself "right, that's it ill skim to the last minute of Raw and have look if I missed anything." but most of the time I haven't and saved around half an hour. 

I'm with you, 95% of wrestling matches have no need to go over 12 minutes, main events included....... 

Shows that are packed with meaningless wrestling matches. AEW often does this, churning out admittedly good matches that mean nothing at all. It’s rare that I’ll actually switch off (although it has happened) but I’ll skip through them. Fyter Fest and Fight For the Fallen we’re both packed with matches that were of no consequence whatsoever. If I’m not invested in a wider story arch or a particular character, I’m not invested in the match.