On 8/30/2023 at 12:57 PM, SuperBacon said:

I've started watching Our Friends In The North which is great so far. All on iplayer if you're interested. 

This is just incredible isn't it? I have no idea how I'd never watched it before, and was completely surprised at just how in depth it went into certain aspects of politics, society etc. I genuinely thought it was a fairly straightforward "mates through time" drama, which it certainly isn't. 

Daniel Craig as Geordie absolutely broke my heart, but I loved them all, and what an amazing cast. Even Tosker was alright in the end. And Gina McKee...phwoar always. 

Finished Extras, which was a good watch as I knew it would be, and for reasons only known to me I started Outnumbered.

It's unbearably middle class and Guardian, but it's actually quite funny and naturally written/acted, especially Ben and Karen, who I assume they just let say and do pretty much what they wanted without a script.

Also, the Mum is one of the all time MILFs let's be honest.

Apparently her and Dennis are an actual couple now, which is quite sweet really.

No idea why I put it on though.

• Paid Members

Our Friends in the North is one of the finest series in television. The scope is incredible and it's utterly heart-breaking in places (Peter Vaughn's performance of a dementia addled father makes me well up thinking about it). Amazing cast. 

Outside of the main cast you've got:

Donald Sumpter

Peter Vaughn

Freda Dowie

David Bradley

Maclcom McDowell

Alun Armstrong

British TV heaven. We will never see the like again. 

Edited by gmoney

2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

He's definitely making a choice. I liked it though. 

Yeah he's definitely doing something it just didn't work for me.

You mentioning Peter Vaughan. Nicky in the car telling him he was a bastard in the car was heartbreaking. The frustration and futility in Ecclestones eyes was just amazing.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

You fuckers are going to be having me watching Our Friends in the North, This Life, Common as Muck and listening to Oasis by the end of the week.

For the record, I don't recommend you do any of those other things, particularly the last one. 

• Paid Members

I've been watching an incredible amount of Sesame Street recently with my little lad (usually at about 5-6am every morning) and it's absolutely brilliant. I once read somewhere that muppets are basically the best special effect ever created because you instantly suspend disbelief when watching them and I would agree with that. I think in particular the Cookie Monster may be one of the best comedic creations ever - the key to his character isn't that he loves cookies, the key is his constant agony and despair when he doesn't have cookies. I love him.

• Paid Members

I'd put the Muppets somewhere around electricity and the wheel as the peak of human creation. A purely joyous thing. Watched a couple of the early 1980's episodes the other week with Mrs Mears and it was fantastic, Debbie Harry and Kenny Rogers clearly having the time of their lives as guest stars.

When we were on our honeymoon last year the resort we stayed in had a daily Sesame Street show. Human size Cookie Monster with a massive arse.

images-8.jpg.aefe67ae419eefcab3f8522ec81288ce.jpg

14 hours ago, gmoney said:

Our Friends in the North is one of the finest series in television. The scope is incredible and it's utterly heart-breaking in places (Peter Vaughn's performance of a dementia addled father makes me well up thinking about it). Amazing cast. 

Outside of the main cast you've got:

Donald Sumpter

Peter Vaughn

Freda Dowie

David Bradley

Maclcom McDowell

Alun Armstrong

British TV heaven. We will never see the like again. 

It is a truly sensational show and something I recommend everyone watch at least once. 

On the subject of it, I was at a mate's wedding a decade ago and Tracey Wilkinson (who played Elaine, AKA Tosker's Wife) was there as she was friends with the bride's family. 

She's an accomplished actress (and a lovely woman), but I was most interested in drunkenly talking to her about OFITN.

I was Tosker for a night. 

spacer.png

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

You fuckers are going to be having me watching Our Friends in the North, This Life, Common as Muck and listening to Oasis by the end of the week.

12 hours ago, gmoney said:

For the record, I don't recommend you do any of those other things, particularly the last one. 

@Mr_Danger if he does do that image.gif.733631e0d592d9717618232bc4b70436.gif

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

It is a truly sensational show and something I recommend everyone watch at least once. 

On the subject of it, I was at a mate's wedding a decade ago and Tracey Wilkinson (who played Elaine, AKA Tosker's Wife) was there as she was friends with the bride's family. 

She's an accomplished actress (and a lovely woman), but I was most interested in drunkenly talking to her about OFITN.

I was Tosker for a night. 

spacer.png

The only thing that could make this better is if you were balding with a tache, but you've ruined it by being a handsome devil!

On 8/30/2023 at 12:48 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

Jesus fucking christ Keith. I hoped nothing bad had happened to you to trigger your hiatus but it's worse than I could have imagined. 2 Broke Girls. Fuck. That's tragic. 

It should be noted that I was one of the biggest cheerleaders for Superstore on here. I don’t think my opinion of TV shows, or anything for that matter, holds any weight.