Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:
This guy has all the Metroplexes and set them up as one huge Autobot City. Incredible!

Plus Fort Max and a whole lot of Micromasters. Including Countdown, which is a toy I love.

• Paid Members

Yeah Countdown is pretty great. I'd love one that actually transformers into a full size bot mode.

• Paid Members

People give the Micromasters a bad rap but I loved them. As well as Countdown and Skystalker, I had the first two waves of Patrols, the Race Track Patrol, all the transports, all the combiner squads, the better two combiner transports (not the tanker), the four stations, Groundshaker and Skyhopper, and the Anti Aircraft base.  I didn’t get round to getting all of them as chances are the Action Masters (ugh) started becoming the focal point of my present requests, but I still covet the Construction, Air and Military patrols from the second wave.

Which lines came immediately after Action Masters? I remember having a couple that were back to transforming robots but I can't remember the gimmick. It'll be around ’92 I think. I think they had engines or minis that slotted into the chest and then their faces popped up into their heads.

It's post Action Masters/ pre G2.

Edit. Found out. It was Motorvators. I had Lightspeed who was a Ferrari F40 with a big fuck off sword and Gripper a weird Dragster thingy.

Did anyone have Overlord who was the Deception equivalent? It was the last white whale Transformer me and my best mate had before we grew up and graduated to games consoles.

Edited by BrodyGraham
Oh and another thing...............

• Paid Members

Blimey, Motorvators! Forgot all about them. I think I had Flame. Let's be honest they were a bit shit but a vast improvement on fucking Pretenders or Action Masters

2 minutes ago, DEF said:

Blimey, Motorvators! Forgot all about them. I think I had Flame. Let's be honest they were a bit shit but a vast improvement on fucking Pretenders or Action Masters

They were but most of my collection was Headmasters and onward. I had the original Jazz and Smokescreen but they were impossibly finnicky compared to Headmasters and such.

The mention of Double Targetmasters bought back lovely hazy memories of trips to Woolies back in the day.

But I remember thinking things were getting back on track with Motorvators and then I got a Mega Drive for Christmas, so Optimus and the lads got fucked right off.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Did anyone have Overlord who was the Deception equivalent? It was the last white whale Transformer me and my best mate had before we grew up and graduated to games consoles.

Overlord wasn’t a Motorvator (Brain master in Japan), he was a double Powermaster like Double Dealer. I have some of him actually, just his upper body and legs (which detach as part of his transforms) missing all of his kibble including his engines and the bits that make his legs into a gun. I acquired the bits from a car boot sale off a ground sheet covered in various cars, action figures and assorted chunks of plastic. Torso in one hand, legs in the other I asked the dad doing the selling “how much for the broken robot” and he let me have them for 50p.

• Paid Members

I have Overlord. Missing most of the guns but I think it had the two power master bots. I got it at a church boot sale when I was about 13 I think. Couldn't tell you how much for but I suspect it was next to nothing as I never had much money back in the day.

On 8/31/2020 at 12:30 PM, air_raid said:

People give the Micromasters a bad rap but I loved them. As well as Countdown and Skystalker, I had the first two waves of Patrols, the Race Track Patrol, all the transports, all the combiner squads, the better two combiner transports (not the tanker), the four stations, Groundshaker and Skyhopper, and the Anti Aircraft base.  I didn’t get round to getting all of them as chances are the Action Masters (ugh) started becoming the focal point of my present requests, but I still covet the Construction, Air and Military patrols from the second wave.

I've got the Military and Construction teams maybe worth putting a shout out on one of the Transformers selling groups on Facebook as they can turn up every now and again. Think I paid 20 plus postage for both teams in good nick, in 2019.

Still want to revisit Action Masters though. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, patiirc said:

Still want to revisit Action Masters though. 

A full line-up of Action Master figures based on the 84/85 characters WOULD be impressive including the rarities - Sideswipe, Tracks and Bombshell.

Imagine my shock upon first sight after many years only knowing the names of the Action Master Elites - which could actually transform, imagine that - that as well as the obvious Omega “Spreem”, that Double Punch was obviously meant to be Scorponok and the head mold of Turbo Master gave him away as Bruticus.

Right lads I need some help here as this has been plaguing me for days now.

I remember buying a four pack of what I remember to be transformer toys. They were all big cats but after much googling etc I think I may be remembering and that they were perhaps fake ones or the like. 

One was a lion, yellow in colour with a orange head, all the animal head clicked forward and over their chests when you transformed them. The lion also has rocket launchers on each shoulder. 

A tiger which was purple and had a golden/bronze head. 

A panther which was black but had a red head/neck. It had a silver boomerang weapon in it's mouth that would become a double bladed sword when transformed.

The last was a leopard that was maroon and had a bronze neck and head. He has long thing guns on his shoulders.

My mum bought me snidey transformers didn't she. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Possibly. There weren’t any four packs of G1 Transformers for a start and the colour schemes and kibble sound wacky as anything. I would suggest possible knock offs of the Pretender Beast robots.G1-toy_Chainclaw.jpg

G1-toy_Catilla.jpg
CarnivacG1Toy.gif

Unless you were lucky enough to have KO Predacons whose molds never reached these shores as legit toys.

Edited by air_raid

Snidey it would seem. This has sent me down a rabbit hole of trying to remember what Transformer toys I did have.

I am sure I had Wheeljack but he didn't have feet and the front of the car would become the base for standing him up on. Essentially the bonnet and front wheels would still stay pretty much the same and he would lean back slightly. Am I a victim of more transformer forgery? He definitely had Wheeljack's head.  

EDIT: google would indicate it is the 1984 G1 Wheeljack I may have had or a later model variant as I was born in 88. 

Edited by Joe Blog

17 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Right lads I need some help here as this has been plaguing me for days now.

I remember buying a four pack of what I remember to be transformer toys. They were all big cats but after much googling etc I think I may be remembering and that they were perhaps fake ones or the like. 

One was a lion, yellow in colour with a orange head, all the animal head clicked forward and over their chests when you transformed them. The lion also has rocket launchers on each shoulder. 

A tiger which was purple and had a golden/bronze head. 

A panther which was black but had a red head/neck. It had a silver boomerang weapon in it's mouth that would become a double bladed sword when transformed.

The last was a leopard that was maroon and had a bronze neck and head. He has long thing guns on his shoulders.

Power Ranger Zord. Feline Zord or similar?

It;s the rocket launchers and the rest that suggest that it maybe Power Ranger rather than TF, unless @air_raid nailed it with the Predaking stuff. Beast Wars TF's didnt have many multipacks either 

Here's the Zord Line up on TV https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/power-rangers-all-34-megazords-in-the-tv-shows-his/2900-1087/#31

and here's the 320! Variants https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Zords

Add in KO stuff and it could be from that  or Lion Voltron KO's