The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

The optimist in me wonders if it's all leading up to Big E making his big comeback.

Not likely according to this interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF56ESmomBA

If you haven't got time to listen ; he's OK but the neck is still nowhere near "ring ready" and at 38 he's saying it's within the next year if it's going to happen at all, so he might be done.

• Paid Members

It’s actually one of the few acts where teasing animosity should mean something, because they’ve put the work in and been such a unified front for so long, but no thanks. I just don’t want to see it. It’s like turning Rey Mysterio heel. Just no. The New Day do not turn on each other. Ever.

The only acceptable conclusion is that the whole thing is an elaborate ruse that somehow results in Karrion Kross losing a Loser Leaves Town match. He fucks off, Big E returns, everyone hugs, and they fly in the remaining cast of Saved by the Bell to sing, “Friends Forever.”

Other quick thoughts…

Pete Dunne vs. Sheamus was brilliant. Best Pete Dunne has looked on the main roster. Amazing finish. A real, “fucking have it!” moment.

Another solid 6.5 promo from CM Punk. He’s a constant disappointment in these segments. I swear you can almost feel the frustration from Drew at this point, always having to come out and get this stuff over the line. It’s funny, because watching the last two weeks you can tell everyone’s got a sulk on about how their Summerslam match was received, and yet they still managed to once again undermine the whole thing announcing those stipulations. “I hate you, I want to murder you, this isn’t about monologues or bracelets anymore, so we’re going to have a strap match…WITH GAME SHOW RULES!” Urgh. Nothing says blood feud like competing to touch four turnbuckles. So rubbish. Like Ronnie Pickering challenging you to a 100 meter race. It’s been nearly a year! Have a proper fucking fight!

Amazing reaction to the Wyatt Six. Such a smart decision making them babyfaces.

Everything involving The Judgment Day continues to be great. Dirty Dom rules. Rhea and Damien are fantastic. I love all of this.

Bron Breakker continued to impress. He’s got future World Champion written all over him.

Just when you think there will never be a name as bad as, “New Catch Republic,” here comes, “The Pure Fusion Collective.” Utter shit. Cole and Pat couldn’t have been more obvious taking the piss every time they had to say it.

Jey Uso and Sami Zayn slowly moving into each other’s orbits when the Original Tribal Chief suddenly needs back up on Friday Nights. I cannot fucking wait. This is the business, when you can see three steps ahead and your dick nearly falls off having to wait for it.

The worst thing about The New Day split is my new pet hate. People making out like they’ve found little easter eggs in Triple H booking when it is right in your face.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

It’s actually one of the few acts where teasing animosity should mean something, because they’ve put the work in and been such a unified front for so long, but no thanks. I just don’t want to see it. It’s like turning Rey Mysterio heel. Just no. The New Day do not turn on each other. Ever.

The only acceptable conclusion is that the whole thing is an elaborate ruse that somehow results in Karrion Kross losing a Loser Leaves Town match. He fucks off, Big E returns, everyone hugs, and they fly in the remaining cast of Saved by the Bell to sing, “Friends Forever.”

I suppose they don't need to turn on one another to split - Woods could say that Jones joining New Day has made him realise that he's not been feeling it recently, and that he needs to go on his own path.

Woods has always had a high online following through his streaming, so it's probably a bit odd that he's not had any sort of singles run in WWE; outside of King of the Ring if you want to count that. I'm open to seeing what that might look like. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Pete Dunne vs. Sheamus was brilliant. Best Pete Dunne has looked on the main roster. Amazing finish. A real, “fucking have it!” moment.

I totally forgot to mention this, but I totally agree. It's been spoken about plenty, but Sheamus's late career resurgence has been nothing nothing short of remarkable. There was a time when I absolutely dreaded seeing the guy, but he's one of the most enjoyable wrestlers to watch in any company for me. I really hope we get another match with Gunther in the near future, now he's world champion. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

@FUM I think the WWE TwitteX account actually alluded to it as well along the lines of "Woods doesn't look happy" so its all these fans finding "Easter Eggs" from the actual company spelling it out which is actually funnier. 

Edited by I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

gone full WWE on it and completely turned an ingredient in to the whole recipe

Old School Yes GIF

1 hour ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

@FUM I think the WWE TwitteX account actually alluded to it as well along the lines of "Woods doesn't look happy" so its all these fans finding "Easter Eggs" from the actual company spelling it out which is actually funnier. 

They didn’t even need that account to tell them. Michael Cole says it on commentary as soon as the tag happens.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, FUM said:

They didn’t even need that account to tell them. Michael Cole says it on commentary as soon as the tag happens.

I somehow didn't twig that and it makes Internet detectives even stupider. 

• Paid Members

I assume a lot of the people Tweeting about this stuff don't hear the commentary because they consume their wrestling entirely through 30 second clips on Twitter and TikTok.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I assume a lot of the people Tweeting about this stuff don't hear the commentary because they consume their wrestling entirely through 30 second clips on Twitter and TikTok.

Or, like me, you steal glimpses on mute at work, because your own free time is too precious.