The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The one true standout of that year was Vader having maybe his single best ever year in All Japan before he had to slow it down soon after. But of course only the biggest of nerds would have seen that at the time.

I had a copy of Complete Edition 99… my God, were there some staggering matches for both the Triple Crown and tag belts. Also, there was Mike Barton/Bart Gunn. Who said he did nothing after Brawl For All? He got to tag with Johnny Ace!

• Paid Members

As with all Wyatt related things, I really enjoyed that segment. How they follow up is another question, but Fightful were reporting that the group were going to be more reality based rather than spooky bollocks.....but unless they are going for the school disco gimmick, the smoke machine may have broken that theory.

More fool me I guess, but I'm willing to let it play out and see how it goes. 

Another victim of the ropes being Bron Breakker, there has to be some issue there surely, that's what, the 3rd botch due to the ropes in a week?

The graphics for Money in the Bank are pretty cool, something different to the usual at least.

As a moment? I thought they did an awesome job production wise.

Anything after this? Who knows. The last Bray run had potential but didn't really grab me so I don't have high hopes for this. If they just end up in stupid sponsorship matches or something then it's dead on arrival. I'm curious but with the lowest of expectations.

I'd rather have more of this.

• Paid Members

So WWE shop has released merch for the group calling them the "Wyatt Sicks". I understand that this a pune, or play on words, but...aren't there five of them?

17 minutes ago, Duke said:

So WWE shop has released merch for the group calling them the "Wyatt Sicks". I understand that this a pune, or play on words, but...aren't there five of them?

A lot of people are assuming Bray is the 6th in spirit or whatever. I would assume they'll confirm that in a promo or something eventually.

It's just not for me.

I'm probably projecting, but I thought you could hear the crowd groaning as it went on. 

Absolutely ridiculous. If this is the 'non spooky' version of this gimmick I'd hate to see the full fat version. They turned the entire backstage area into a dystopia for fuck sake. 

Horrendous shite, and crucially everyone in the group is utterly useless.

It beggars belief that they wasted the end of Raw on an act that will be feuding with Karrion Kross within weeks, and over the SPEED title within months. Shit, shit, shit.

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

A lot of people are assuming Bray is the 6th in spirit or whatever. I would assume they'll confirm that in a promo or something eventually.

That or they put Alexa Bliss with them whenever she comes back, which I hope they don’t.

As has been said and as has been the experience of Wyatt stuff in the past, a great start in and of itself. The lack of commentary really helped it too. Whether it has the steam to be a long term thing or no is a different question entirely, we’ll just have to wait and see what movies are being rewatched & ripped off to keep things moving

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It's just not for me.

I'm probably projecting, but I thought you could hear the crowd groaning as it went on. 

I get this is going to be a pretty marmite angle, but the crowd were definitely into it, especially when Uncle Howdy appeared. I suspect its all downhill from there though. 

42 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Karrion Kross within weeks, and over the SPEED title within months. Shit, shit, shit.

I think you're being very generous about the longevity of that title. 

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I thought the crowd seemed pretty into it but also I think some of it may have been piped in. 

Personally, I don't really like this stuff as even within the established rules of the reality of WWE it's hard to explain it and it make any sense whatsoever. I think the only time it's really worked was the Ministry of Darkness because they were portrayed as a mad cult who believed they had spooky, dark powers rather than actually having spooky powers. Weirdly, my biggest pet peeve of last night's angle was the static on the TV's backstage. TV's don't have static anymore! 

But on the other hand, if I was nine years old I probably would have thought it was fucking awesome so who cares really.

Edited by LaGoosh

53 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Horrendous shite, and crucially everyone in the group is utterly useless.

Are they? I think you could make a case for that being accurate for Rowan. But the others can be entertaining with the right booking I think. Gacy has potential. Nikki and Dexter can definitely work. I'm not saying any of them are title contenders or anything but utterly useless is probably pushing it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah, I mean, that's sweet and all, but it feels like the kind of thing you have to clunkily explain over and over for the groups entire lifespan.

• Paid Members

All of this falls apart when they actually have to take all the smoke and mirrors away and wrestle, and that is always the weakness of these type of things. How can anyone take any of them wrestling in a ring seriously when they appear to have killed a man in the introduction. It's Papa Shango for the TikTok generation. I'm sure it will look great in 15 second clips.