The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Another bonus - did another wrestler (Lynch) talk about simply winning "the Royal Rumble" rather than "the Royal Rumble match"? Yes they did. #garth

Ripley vs Lynch may seem too obvious, but I still think they'll do it anyway. And if I get my way, Bayley/Bianca/Banks vs Damage CTRL. LOL.

Yes yes yes, Meltzer says Mercedes is going to start with AEW soon. But if she doesn't, and works Mania... well, I'll be unbearable.

• Paid Members

I'd sooner that you were unbearable Raiders than Da Meltz. 

The WWE women's division is booked about a million times better than the AEW one. Sasha/Mercedes may be retreading old ground against the likes of Lynch or Bailey, or Asuka or countless other women who've been there for a while but she will have better matches and a greater prominence than she would in AEW. I hope Sasha ends up in WWE, bumming around with the likes of Riho may be financially better, and if that is what she wants then good luck to her. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Sasha/Mercedes may be retreading old ground against the likes of Lynch or Bailey, or Asuka or countless other women who've been there for a while but she will have better matches and a greater prominence than she would in AEW. I hope Sasha ends up in WWE, bumming around with the likes of Riho may be financially better, and if that is what she wants then good luck to her. 

As a gigantic mark for Sasha, I'd love her to come and back and be treated like a big deal. Not made to look a loser like she was with Charlotte or dropping the belt back to Bliss clean after 8 days. With two titles, I think there's more than enough spotlight to share with Rhea, Lynch and Belair even with the spectre of Charlotte hanging over them. I think I prefer "history/stories" to "great matches" these days anyway.

If Trinity/Naomi has finished up to come home (likely) AND Sasha is prick-teasing AEW (less likely) then there's a further story to be wink-wink nudge-nudged at about two stars that left, and here they are back to get their dues. I'd be pretty up for Damage CTRL kicking Bayley out leading to Bayley/Bianca/Sasha/Naomi vs Asuka/Io/Kairi/Dakota at Mania.

33 minutes ago, air_raid said:

As a gigantic mark for Sasha, I'd love her to come and back and be treated like a big deal. Not made to look a loser like she was with Charlotte or dropping the belt back to Bliss clean after 8 days. With two titles, I think there's more than enough spotlight to share with Rhea, Lynch and Belair even with the spectre of Charlotte hanging over them. I think I prefer "history/stories" to "great matches" these days anyway.

If Trinity/Naomi has finished up to come home (likely) AND Sasha is prick-teasing AEW (less likely) then there's a further story to be wink-wink nudge-nudged at about two stars that left, and here they are back to get their dues. I'd be pretty up for Damage CTRL kicking Bayley out leading to Bayley/Bianca/Sasha/Naomi vs Asuka/Io/Kairi/Dakota at Mania.

I could see Damage CTRL kicking Bayley out, but I don't see the title not being defended at Mania.

I'd like to see - Sky vs Bayley for the title, and Sasha/Naomi vs Auska/Sane for the Womens tag belts as surely they will be putting them on them soon?

Leave's out Bianca though so I'm not sure what she would do, unless Sasha does sign with AEW and you could do Naomi/Bianca challenging for the tag belts.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, air_raid said:

If we're insisting on Reigns vs Rock at Mania

I'm insisting you all stop talking about this or you'll wish this horrible outcome into reality.

• Paid Members

The way everything is playing out, I think The Rock has got a good shout for winning The Rumble.

Equally though, the idea of The Rock, at his current age and size, in the Royal Rumble match? I reckon all his muscles will fall off his body and if he makes it to Wrestlemania he'll look like the fella who melts at the end of Robocop.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The way everything is playing out, I think The Rock has got a good shout for winning The Rumble.

Equally though, the idea of The Rock, at his current age and size, in the Royal Rumble match? I reckon all his muscles will fall off his body and if he makes it to Wrestlemania he'll look like the fella who melts at the end of Robocop.

Considering Roman isn't at the chamber, I think Rock has to win the Rumble, especially as anyone winning and calling out Seth Rollins' belt will look an absolute knob. Even if it's Punk.

I suppose you could have Cody win but be punted by Orton before he has chance to announce who he's going to face, Pearce says he has to find another main event because he can't have a touch and go Mania main and Rock takes it (but Cody makes a miraculous return in order to face Randy). This would massively cheapen the rumble and is a terrible idea, but it's the only other idea I can think of.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Duke said:

I suppose you could have Cody win but be punted by Orton before he has chance to announce who he's going to face, Pearce says he has to find another main event because he can't have a touch and go Mania main and Rock takes it (but Cody makes a miraculous return in order to face Randy). This would massively cheapen the rumble and is a terrible idea, but it's the only other idea I can think of.

I’ve missed a step. What main event does Raw GM Pearce think he’s got, and what exactly does Rock “take” before Cody recovers to challenge SmackDowns Randy Orton and Rock fights SmackDowns Roman Reigns?

There’s a parallel universe where nobody’s injured, everyone’s full time and Russo still has the pen, where a series of inconclusive singles matches on TV leads to Reigns vs Rock vs Cody vs Punk vs Rollins vs Orton inside the Chamber, the fallout leading to three singles matches at Mania, bro.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I’ve missed a step. What main event does Raw GM Pearce think he’s got, and what exactly does Rock “take” before Cody recovers to challenge SmackDowns Randy Orton and Rock fights SmackDowns Roman Reigns?

I told you it was a terrible idea.

Edit: although "because the integrity of the brand split" isn't among the reasons why it's a terrible idea.

Edited by Duke

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's always weird reading through all the Mami thirst tweets after a show. Mostly because kids are crazy. But this week I kinda got it.

What’s weird or what’s to get? Rhea’s hot. Always has been.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

While they absolutely would run with Rhodes/Orton at 'Mania, I can't think of a match I'd rather see less. I really hope they do something else. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

While they absolutely would run with Rhodes/Orton at 'Mania, I can't think of a match I'd rather see less.

Only because it's now impossible for them to run Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

What’s weird or what’s to get? Rhea’s hot. Always has been.

I like the way in which she owns and controls the reactions to her hotness.  

Let's be honest, for many years wrestling fans have struggled with the inherent moral struggle between "appreciating women's wrestling" in a gender equality way, and finding the women wrestlers attractive.  This leads to the "m'lady" white knighting hero-worship, used ring gear attitude we all have seen.

For some reason, Rhea seems a bit different. She's the dominant part of the on-screen relationship, she looks like she could break most fans over her knee, and she seems to revel in that.

I admit I don't ever go on Twitter or Facebook or anything so I don't see the reactions, but her banter with the crowd seems quite straightforward by comparison.  They have their tongues out, she treats them with full disdain, they love it.

Edited by Loki