The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I honestly can't believe how bad this ppv is after they were on absolute fire and at least for me must watch stuff to this God awful card.

Apparently jay USO is going to be on smackdown this week because he's in the tag match for the titles against the judgment day and that for me just shows how ridiculous and back to normal business WWE has gone with him apparently quiting smackdown, the bloodline and WWE only to be back there week's later.

It feels like such a letdown because they had me back so emotionally invested and now raw and smackdown are so dull and boring it's mind blowing it's the same product as a couple of months ago 

54 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Apparently jay USO is going to be on smackdown this week because he's in the tag match for the titles against the judgment day and that for me just shows how ridiculous and back to normal business WWE has gone with him apparently quiting smackdown, the bloodline and WWE only to be back there week's later.

It feels like such a letdown because they had me back so emotionally invested and now raw and smackdown are so dull and boring it's mind blowing it's the same product as a couple of months ago 

Great point about Jey. The guy was so desperate to get away from the drama and bullshit on Smackdown he was prepared to retire, yet within a few weeks he’s willing to pop back and say hello. Shite.

Raw is definitely in a funk, and this Judgment Day stuff just doesn’t have the legs to hold up a 3 hour show for as long as it has been.

Smackdown’s been pretty good lately, though. The Rock return episode was wild, and the recent episode was good. I don’t think the rot has quite spread to Friday’s yet.

Jimmy Uso being the worst character in wrestling hasn’t quite nuked the entire show.

Interesting that the Jade Cargill story got booed when it was brought up on the screens last night.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I honestly can't believe how bad this ppv is after they were on absolute fire and at least for me must watch stuff to this God awful card.

Out of interest - what's SO bad about the PPV? I mean it is Fastlane so I wasn't expecting a top tier lineup anyway but I don't think it's that bad..

• Paid Members
On 10/3/2023 at 7:42 PM, DavidB6937 said:

Out of interest - what's SO bad about the PPV? I mean it is Fastlane so I wasn't expecting a top tier lineup anyway but I don't think it's that bad..

As a casual, for me it looks infinitely skippable. Tags galore, a Charlotte match, one of the “champions” isn’t showing up as usual and the others in a Last Man Standing match, and those are usually shit.

But Cena’s there so doubtless I’ll have a look.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

As a casual, for me it looks infinitely skippable. Tags galore, a Charlotte match, one of the “champions” isn’t showing up as usual and the others in a Last Man Standing match, and those are usually shit.

But Cena’s there so doubtless I’ll have a look.

Oh don't get me wrong, it certainly doesn't scream MUST WATCH or anything. I think it should be a decent enough show though for a filler at this time of year. If the crowd is good that'll help. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Oh don't get me wrong, it certainly doesn't scream MUST WATCH or anything.

Now that I've mused on it a little longer, I'm actually rather annoyed that the Charlotte inclusion is making me swerve what would have been, in Io vs Asuka, a PPV match I'd have tracked down. They just won't let things I'd like to see happen without her, like Becky beating Ronda. It makes me laugh that all these years after a live crowd LOVED the Iiconics causing her to lose the belt to a scrub like Carmella, they still persist on Charlotte in a babyface role in occasion. I wish she'd fuck off.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Switching the tag belts back already?

Hunter, I do not feel you, sir.

I loved it - presumably it's a case of Reigns wanting to keep Cody off Smackdown; meaning that in all likelihood we're getting Reigns/Rhodes II at Wrestlemania. 

Cody winning the Rumble again will be quite the moment. 

Raw is an odd show these days. Generally there's a lot of good stuff on it, but the fact it's a 3-hour show leaves even the stronger shows feeling less entertaining. I hope, when the next TV deal is negotiated, it results in the show going back to 2-hours; with the occasional 3-hour special. 

24 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I loved it - presumably it's a case of Reigns wanting to keep Cody off Smackdown; meaning that in all likelihood we're getting Reigns/Rhodes II at Wrestlemania. 

Between that and just general revenge on Jey and getting Jimmy to prove himself again and do something useful for once. Yeah, it makes sense. I'm not sure they needed to do it quite so quickly but I assumed that was the next natural step in the storyline.

• Paid Members

I’d forgotten that the Tag Champions could, “float,” between brands. That’s actually really clever to use the belts to tease us with Roman vs. Cody and Jimmy vs. Jey, before splitting everyone up and removing their ability to be in each other’s orbit until closer to Wrestlemania season. Fair play.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Cody winning the Rumble again will be quite the moment. 

I'm not sure he's definitely winning the Rumble again. They might find a different route to him getting to Reigns and use it to get a contender for the secondary title, whoever that may be at the time.

34 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm not sure he's definitely winning the Rumble again. They might find a different route to him getting to Reigns and use it to get a contender for the secondary title, whoever that may be at the time.

Yeah I thought a Shawn losing the Rumble on the way to Taker type deal might be a slightly different route for Cody this time round. If they're that insistent on the end destination being the same they can at least mix it up a bit beforehand.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I’d forgotten that the Tag Champions could, “float,” between brands. That’s actually really clever to use the belts to tease us with Roman vs. Cody and Jimmy vs. Jey, before splitting everyone up and removing their ability to be in each other’s orbit until closer to Wrestlemania season. Fair play.

Until they all face each other at Survivor Series.