The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

I didn’t watch Raw. Has anyone properly explained why Cody originally gave his shot to The Rock yet? Or are they just doing the Sliders gimmick, pretending that was a different dimension and it never happened?

They didn’t, but I’m hoping they do that on Smackdown. It would be frustrating if they didn’t; it’s not like it’s an impossible thing to write their way out of.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

Yeah, it doesn’t require more than a few lines about The Rock gaslighting him or using his new power in the company to pressure him into giving up on his dreams. It plays quite nicely into Roman’s entire act of being a horrible, gaslighting mob boss prick. It also loops back nicely to Sami eventually seeing through the Bloodline bullshit and standing up for himself. That’s what you want. Babyfaces seeing through the heel’s bullshit, standing up for what’s right. Not making a bad decision, changing their mind and then pretending it never happened.

My only worry is that if they make a big deal about The Rock now running the gaff, I really can’t be arsed with them going down the route of Rock and Triple H battling it out over who has the most power~! That’s the way it felt they were going on Smackdown. It all went a bit Jackie Weaver, with Trips arguing The Rock has no authority to change the Mania main event. Read the standing orders, Dwayne! Read them and understand them!

Edited by Supremo

The Sliders gimmick could work but given that Seth was stood there dressed like a twat practically invisible to everyone but Cody I think they could could pull off a Quantum Leap gimmick. “Oh no Sam, Cody was never meant to give his shot up, there’s now a 94% chance he’ll have to do his Stardust gimmick again!”

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Supremo said:

Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.

This why Dakota turned on Io etc innit.

13 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Absolutely in pieces at Cody's promo.

I'm not sure he even checks that the fancy words make sense in the context of what he's saying anymore.

What an absolutely wonderful lunatic.

Seth saying he'll be Cody's 'shield'... the fix is in lads. Roman Reigns, #AndStill.

Yeah my heart sank a little bit there. Seth fucks over Cody and the story continues only with Cody chasing the runners up cup for a bit will be quite shit indeed. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah my heart sank a little bit there. Seth fucks over Cody and the story continues only with Cody chasing the runners up cup for a bit will be quite shit indeed. 

Yes. Nothing quite like trying to drum up excitement for your babyface going after a guy he’s already beaten three times on PPV, to pursue a belt we know he doesn’t really want.

It's totally possible the story doesn't get finished until wm41 and it makes the main event of mania all the more exciting. 

The Sami and bloodline stuff was the best thing I can remember in 20 years but I think the current main event storylines are topping it. It's just fucking gripping. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, OzExile said:

It's totally possible the story doesn't get finished until wm41 and it makes the main event of mania all the more terrifying.

Fixed for accuracy. No, stories shouldn’t always have predictable endings. No, not all stories need a happy ending. But keeping on swerving your audience out of the logical ending just for the sake of it is how you end up with contemptible bollocks like King Bran.

21 minutes ago, OzExile said:

It's totally possible the story doesn't get finished until wm41 and it makes the main event of mania all the more exciting. 

The Sami and bloodline stuff was the best thing I can remember in 20 years but I think the current main event storylines are topping it. It's just fucking gripping. 

Sorry to judge but it's WAY too early in the morning to be that drunk.

39 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Sorry to judge but it's WAY too early in the morning to be that drunk.

Username checks out? 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

When is John Moxley's contract up?

I don't think it matters, given the cadence and phrasing of certain "anonymous" sources on the state of WWE in the wake of the Vince allegations, I have a feeling Mox won't be back in the WWE fold anytime soon.