The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

58 minutes ago, Duke said:

Yeah I mean what JLM said, but I also think that if Cody is your top babyface and face of the company, he needs to hold the title for an extended period of time. Not how long Roman held it for, but a while to establish him as the guy.

Unrelated, but if Cody's not winning the Rumble, he needs to either not be in it at all, or eliminated before Rock turns up (if he does) or Punk does (if he's winning). 

Punk winning and then picking Seth is beyond even his promo ability to rescue, I think, so if those are the two title matches,  Rock better  win the rumble.

In SI's report its Gunther/Seth for the secondary title, Roman/Rock for the actual title and Cody/Punk in a 'LOL, LOOK AT THESE AEW CUNTS' match.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

In SI's report its Gunther/Seth for the secondary title, Roman/Rock for the actual title and Cody/Punk in a 'LOL, LOOK AT THESE AEW CUNTS' match.

That's weird. So they built Punk and Rollins for no reason?

• Paid Members

It’s the absolute worst thing about this medium. The way it’s set up and the way things can change on the fly means there’s every opportunity to tell some of the worst stories of all time.

Imagine a book, film, TV show, game, comic where the protagonists (Zayn and Cody) spend months, if not years, building up goodwill with the audience, only to be made to look like absolute whoppers when a character you haven’t seen in years suddenly comes in and takes over their arc in the final act. It’s a narrative mess.

I hope they start booing the juicehead. Black Adam was shit! Your daughter is so shit they had to make her NXT GM to keep her out of the ring! Filming yourself doing charitable acts to post the footage online is the act of a bell end!

Edited by Supremo

It's just one report, from SI of all sources, it's hardly reliable.

Feels like they've literally just watched RAW and just made their mind up from there what the matches are and then claim its what their sources are telling them.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Doog said:

It's just one report, from SI of all sources, it's hardly reliable.

Feels like they've literally just watched RAW and just made their mind up from there what the matches are and then claim its what their sources are telling them.

This. Reminds me of a conversation the other day in the house show thread where the dirt sheet writers declared in July 94 that Mabel & Typhoon were going to be a regular tag team because they taped one match together for Challenge.

IMG_3128.gif.047d104ebaf12936c1fa5facbe598211.gif

Whilst I do agree, Sports Illustrated is where WWE like to place their big stories and give their scoops, so if anyone was going to have anything it'd be them.

The idea of doing Punk/Cody is fine, but having it without a title attached is mental.

If they HAVE to do Rock/Roman, then Cody/Punk has to be for the secondary title. Rollins can go after the IC title or something.

• Paid Members

The only justification I can see for doing Punk vs Cody would be if they’ve decided both deserve to main event night 1 more than Seth does.

• Paid Members

I put a cheeky bet on Gunther winning the Rumble before that SI article came out and presumably made his odds much less appealing, so I'll be cheering him on regardless. 

Cody/Punk IS pretty random. They've built Seth up hating Punk etc only for him to face Gunther? Cool, I guess.  Couldn't they have just set it up from the start? Have Cody call out Punk when he returned. Not that there was ever much story other than "LOL AEW" though.

I like both Cody and Punk as performers but my word, Punk/Cody is going to be the Wings to Punk/Kingston's Beatles, and yes I'm aware it's a shit analogy to crowbar a naff gag.

Actually, Crowbar! Chuck him in the Rumble whilst we're here.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Cody/Punk IS pretty random.

It really isn't, you say so yourself later in your post. It is also a dead easy story without ever mentioning AEW. Both of them are good enough on the mic to sell anything given too them. 

14 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It really isn't, you say so yourself later in your post. It is also a dead easy story without ever mentioning AEW. Both of them are good enough on the mic to sell anything given too them. 

"I tried really hard these past 12 months to finish my story, but at the Royal Rumble I fell short. I'm sorry."

"What about me? I returned after a decade to headline Mania and The fucking Rock came back again."

"Fancy a self pity on a pole match?"

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

"I tried really hard these past 12 months to finish my story, but at the Royal Rumble I fell short. I'm sorry."

"What about me? I returned after a decade to headline Mania and The fucking Rock came back again."

"Fancy a self pity on a pole match?"

They can't argue about shampoo can they.