WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Speaking of Star Wars games. Is there anyone planning on picking up Star Wars Outlaws when it launches next week?

I havent really felt much buzz around this. There was a time where I probably would have bit hands off for a truly open world Star Wars game. As I've said before though, I am way beyond the point of being interested in big AAA open or semi open world games.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Speaking of Star Wars games. Is there anyone planning on picking up Star Wars Outlaws when it launches next week?

If the reviews are good I'll probably pick it up when the price drops in six months or whatever. It looks a bit generic though.

I’ve been playing the Tomb Raider reboot from 2013. For a 11 year old game, it looks incredible. A wonderful mix of Uncharted style set pieces and Last Of Us bow and arrow stealthiness. I’ll move on to Shadow and Rise once I’ve finished it.

Has anyone played Star Wars: Outlaws yet? I can’t find a decent review that doesn’t fall into either “the lead character is a woman, Star Wars is woke now” or “best game ever, I’m not getting paid to say this, honest!” categories. Any recommendations for game reviewers in general who are worth following? 

31 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Has anyone played Star Wars: Outlaws yet? I can’t find a decent review that doesn’t fall into either “the lead character is a woman, Star Wars is woke now” or “best game ever, I’m not getting paid to say this, honest!” categories. Any recommendations for game reviewers in general who are worth following? 

I’m a fan of VGC myself, and their podcast (here’s their Star Wars Outlaws review) - and frankly, I’d be amazed if one of them didn’t post (or hasn’t posted) here given how much wrestling chat there is on that podcast.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

I’ve been playing the Tomb Raider reboot from 2013. For a 11 year old game, it looks incredible. A wonderful mix of Uncharted style set pieces and Last Of Us bow and arrow stealthiness. I’ll move on to Shadow and Rise once I’ve finished it.

I really enjoyed that game, and the sequel. The final entry in the trilogy was a bit of a let down for me, there was far too much in the way of puzzles, and that wasn’t to my taste. 

Edited by RedTwoster

• Paid Members

Oh, I saw a preview of one on the Nintendo Direct that had me in mind of you Peggle types. It's called Peglin and has some roguelike/lite properties. 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

Oh, I saw a preview of one on the Nintendo Direct that had me in mind of you Peggle types. It's called Peglin and has some roguelike/lite properties. 

I've sunk about 100 hours into this. It's good fun. I'm not completely sold on the roguelike thing and it's quite reliant on the luck of getting the right orbs / power-ups at the right time, but it's very addictive.

• Paid Members

Yeah, there's a lot of RNG involved in roguelike/lites. They can be frustrating. 

So I’ve never heard of this game until last night when one of my favourite small YouTubers(Incyn) uploaded a video on it and had me all sorts of interested, it’s a great video too by the way.  Anyone played Voices Of The Void?

• Paid Members

Finally finished Castle on Human Fall Flat and now I'm driving a speedboat and successfully crashing into every rock and beach on this new level.

I can't do those ice levels on Bejeweled 3. Or kill the Dudson Twins on Huntdown. I'm not very good at games.

• Paid Members

Been playing a wee indie game called American Fugitive of late - seems quite little-known but it's fun and well worth the £3 I paid for it. If anyone remembers the old top down GTA games, it's basically a homage to those and there's tons of collectibles, challenges and time trials to get through apart from the main story. If anyone is looking for a fun wee game that doesn't require a huge commitment and may well bring back some nostalgia, you could certainly do a lot worse. 

• Paid Members

Finished Inside tonight. The final stages of this game, even in one as weird as that, were nuts. But in a good way. Missed a bunch of secrets, so a nice excuse to go back and play it again. One of the best things I've ever played.