WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

18 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

First look at Prime’s Yakuza: Like A Dragon

I’m really intrigued as to how they’ll handle this, and how much of Yakuza’s trademark silliness will make its way into the show, if any. 

Edited by RedTwoster

• Paid Members

Started playing Huntdown last night, a really fun old-school horizontal scrolling platform shooter. Reminds me of arcade RoboCop. Nice array of weapons, including an electric guitar, and there's some good humour.

Also had a go at Pac-Man Championship Edition. I was never any good at Pac-Man and I'm not great at this but it's really good. Extremely hectic but I love the colours and graphical touches, and how they've modernised the base gameplay with only a couple of tweaks. Can see me playing this loads.

Human Fall Flat is superb. Love this game. Not getting frustrated by it, even when I fall in a river 10 times in a row (at least it earned an achievement). I'll have to look for more of this sort of thing.

6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Human Fall Flat is superb. Love this game. Not getting frustrated by it, even when I fall in a river 10 times in a row (at least it earned an achievement). I'll have to look for more of this sort of thing.

Are you playing solo or with others? I can’t recommend multiplayer enough on this game. As for something similar, there’s Totally Reliable Delivery Service. It has the same rag doll physics and awkward movement. I think it’s on Gamepass.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Are you playing solo or with others? I can’t recommend multiplayer enough on this game. As for something similar, there’s Totally Reliable Delivery Service. It has the same rag doll physics and awkward movement. I think it’s on Gamepass.

That's one of the (hundreds of) games I have on my wishlist. Cheers for the rec!

And no, I normally play on my own because I'm not very good at games and don't want to embarrass myself or run into someone that has 3000 hours on the bloody thing. But maybe I'll have a look when I've finished it.

• Paid Members

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Splintered Fate. It's Hades, but you can have up to 4 players. It's very good. The different turtles have different weapons and skills. The story unravel itself over time. It's fully voice acted, and the cast are cool, but I wish it had the cast of the original cartoon like Shredder's Revenge had. Well worth a look. If you have Apple Arcade it's on there. I've got it on Switch. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Is it still worth playing on your own, or do you need to have others to play it with to make it worthwhile?

It still works solo. The different Turtles function like the different weapon loadouts would in Hades each with their own strengths and perks. 

• Paid Members

I finally gave Frostpunk a go, but am still in the tutorial bit.

I'm always a bit torn with strategy games and city-builders and the like. I tend to enjoy them as something I can play without having to give it my full attention, which generally means going back to games I've played a thousand times before and don't have to re-learn anything, so in the last few years I've done replays of Warcraft 1 & 2, Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 and Starcraft, and I tend to go back to Age of Empires and Age of Empires 2 whenever I have some time to kill (though I've got so used to AOE2 that I struggle with AOE now). 

I always like to see fun new ideas in games, and really liked Valheim as a modern take on strategy games, and Frostpunk looked right up my street. I still think it's probably great, but it's not firing up the part of my brain that really just wants to be able to build a series of walls, mine some resources, and left-click on a bunch of blokes then right-click where I want them to go.

• Paid Members

New free DLC for Power Wash Simulator comes out today. It's a Summer bonus job where you're cleaning the deck of a cruise ship, and there are some new costumes and skins for your washers as well. If it's anything like the last ones that came out (Muckingham Files 3) with the aquarium and the submarine it'll take an hour or two to get through. 

I finished Thank Goodness You're Here. It's short, but I think it'd have to be otherwise it'd possibly wear its welcome out it's very funny, and if you've spent any serious amount of time in South Yorkshire there'll be a fair bit to enjoy. Plus Matt Berry is in it. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Jazzy G said:

New free DLC for Power Wash Simulator comes out today. It's a Summer bonus job where you're cleaning the deck of a cruise ship, and there are some new costumes and skins for your washers as well. If it's anything like the last ones that came out (Muckingham Files 3) with the aquarium and the submarine it'll take an hour or two to get through. 

Ah, I'd missed they'd done some "normal" DLC. I should get stuck into that. Every piece I'd seen before were tie-ins with Final Fantasy or something. Not very immersive. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, gmoney said:

Ah, I'd missed they'd done some "normal" DLC. I should get stuck into that. Every piece I'd seen before were tie-ins with Final Fantasy or something. Not very immersive. 

The Back To The Future one is good. They're still quite fun, although I'm going through the Warhammer 40k one at the moment, and currently cleaning a titan. It's huge and quite time consuming. The Final Fantasy one was good. I really enjoyed the one with the model of Midgar that you had to clean. 

• Paid Members

I'm having a lot of fun playing the Youtube Playables games during downtime at work. They're pretty basic and ridiculously easy, but harken back to a time when I'd spend hours on Miniclips or Newgrounds instead of doing my ICT coursework.

Stealth Master has been todays game of choice.

• Paid Members

I hear some are alright, but some are dire? Mind you that's videogames in general.