WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Started playing Plants vs Zombies, mostly to annoy my 17yo who came in the lounge and went "Why are you playing Plants vs Zombies?!" but it is very good although very stressful.

Trying to get the final achievement on Limbo by getting through it only losing 5 lives and it's solid, but in a good way. Shows how awesome this game is that I'm replaying it constantly and not tiring of it.

Gave up on Super Meat Boy in the salt factory world because I realised playing it that I hate platform games which require you dying 611 times in a row on a level and then just getting lucky to complete them. Can see the appeal and I love the design and ideas but nah. A learning experience though.

• Paid Members

Apologies my memory isn’t great but one of you (I think @SuperBacon) said their kid was into cozy games.

Been playing Rolling Hills today and it’s really decent. You’re a robot running a little sushi shop in a small Animal Crossing (but with humans) style town. You spent your money on shop upgrades, ingredients and improvements around town and your friendships with your neighbours give upgrades and improved recipes for your shop. It’s part store management/food serving sim and part slice of life. I’ve been enjoying it.

Only on Xbox, Gamepass and Steam so far though.

Posted (edited)

I'm nearing the end of my trip back through the three Stalker games, playing a true loner with no allegiances to either Duty nor Freedom. Nothing has yet come close to replicating the atmosphere of The Zone and it's Eastern European charms, even Metro which is a great little series and shares some of the staff feels like a more polished Western game.

I have some huge reservations about the upcoming "Stalker 2" though, the first thing is the choice to use American and British voice actors... and I worry about how streamlined it'll be to fit to AAA tastes with how it's Xbox's big summer Gamepass title.

At least we'll still have the crazy talented modders who have created multiple full standalone games which stand up to any retail version.

Edited by Merzbow

1 hour ago, FLips said:

Apologies my memory isn’t great but one of you (I think @SuperBacon) said their kid was into cozy games.

Been playing Rolling Hills today and it’s really decent. You’re a robot running a little sushi shop in a small Animal Crossing (but with humans) style town. You spent your money on shop upgrades, ingredients and improvements around town and your friendships with your neighbours give upgrades and improved recipes for your shop. It’s part store management/food serving sim and part slice of life. I’ve been enjoying it.

Only on Xbox, Gamepass and Steam so far though.

This looks and sounds lovely, thanks matey. Will keep an eye out on Switch. 

While I'm here *turns on old man shouting at clouds mode* modern games are too much!

My youngest was on an inset day Monday and showed me Spiderman 2. What the hell is going on there? And Fortnite. Just such sensory overloads. Calm it down!

Then we played EA FC 24 and she of course smashed me, and started shushing me, so she's bringing it back over tonight for rematches. She'll still win.

But yeah, way too much going on in all of these games.

• Paid Members

The Warhammer 40k DLC for Power Wash Simulator is impressive. Some nice vehicles and units to clean. Very technical and detailed, lots of fiddly bits as well, but quite rewarding. 

I also picked up Detective Duck. It's cute, a little point and click investigation game, pretty cosy. You figure out who's been pinching lunch in an office, but it runs much deeper as you investigate further. It's fully voiced, and a fun enough diversion. 

4 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

The Warhammer 40k DLC for Power Wash Simulator is impressive. Some nice vehicles and units to clean. Very technical and detailed, lots of fiddly bits as well, but quite rewarding. 

I thought it was the worst one yet to be honest. Mind you, I’ve never played Warhammer so maybe that subtracted from the overall enjoyment. 

• Paid Members

Was it the one on XBox from Rivet Games? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

By the way I had a go on a lawnmower simulation the other day as well.

Absolutely shit, you're all mental.

Yeah didn’t get on with that one, played one level and binned it off. 

EDIT. Well after the dark and gloomy Warhammer pack, the new Powerwash one looks brighter! @Jazzy G 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

That looks fascinating. 

A Street Fighter one could be interesting, cleaning some of the stages. Cleaning the car from the bonus stage in SF2, the statue from Sagat's stage, stuff like that. 

17 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Then we played EA FC 24 and she of course smashed me, and started shushing me, so she's bringing it back over tonight for rematches. She'll still win.

She's banned from bringing it over anymore. Another night of, in her words, L after L after L 😆

Played Volta mode which was a lot of fun, and I actually did better at that, but yeah getting rinsed 8-2 by your 11yo is no fun*

The graphics are absolutely ridiculous on the PS5 aren't they? 

*Lots of fun :)

• Moderators

Well, SF6 has definitely got it's hooks in me. I hurt my tailbone really badly and am avoiding sitting down where possible and have actually re-bought the game on PS4 so I don't have to sit at my PC to play it because I was that desperate for a session...

Other upside is that the kids can button mash on dynamic controls.