WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

10 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I've got a heel Hulk Hogan run on New Vegas that I haven't finished yet, I added a few Legion mods to make doing that side of the game a little more worthwhile as sadly so much of it was cut when Obsidian were forced to rush the game out.

Are there any in particular that you’d recommend? All of this Fallout chat has me wanting to revisit 3 and New Vegas.

I never have it in me to play the bad guy in these games, I end up feeling so guilty! I blew up Megaton in Fallout 3 just to see what happened, and immediately reloaded my save and made the opposite decision. I still felt haunted by that alternate reality where I’d obliterated and ghoulified all of those people!

7 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Are there any in particular that you’d recommend? All of this Fallout chat has me wanting to revisit 3 and New Vegas.

I never have it in me to play the bad guy in these games, I end up feeling so guilty! I blew up Megaton in Fallout 3 just to see what happened, and immediately reloaded my save and made the opposite decision. I still felt haunted by that alternate reality where I’d obliterated and ghoulified all of those people!

In general or just for the Legion? Caesars New Regime - Legion Overhaul and Factions Reloaded - Legion are the two main ones I used, I think the latter is still being updated all this time later. I don't really mod that much aside from unofficial patches and just general tweaks so the game doesn't crash and stutter on modern hardware, I like to keep it feeling like how it did in 2010 to an extent.

Yukichigai Unofficial Patch is a huge one for that, nothing but bug fixes compiled together.

4 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Being wary of spoilers so probably shouldn't say too much, but there's a chapter of Alan Wake 2 that was so unexpected and so incredibly well done that it absolutely blew my mind. Remedy have done great things with music in their games in the past, but this goes way beyond anything they've done before. Stunning!

Do you need to have played the first game to understand what’s going on in this one, or does it work as a standalone game?

I'd probably recommend playing Alan Wake 1 first, followed by Control. Alan Wake 2 explains enough for it not to be confusing, but the story will have way more impact if you're already invested in what's been going on. The first one's really good (the remastered version has got the DLC included) and Control's an absolute masterpiece (an all-time top 5 for me), so I say get stuck in right from the start if you can. But if you can't be arsed, I reckon AW2 will still knock your socks off. It's really quite an exceptional game.

9 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I'd probably recommend playing Alan Wake 1 first, followed by Control. Alan Wake 2 explains enough for it not to be confusing, but the story will have way more impact if you're already invested in what's been going on. The first one's really good (the remastered version has got the DLC included) and Control's an absolute masterpiece (an all-time top 5 for me), so I say get stuck in right from the start if you can. But if you can't be arsed, I reckon AW2 will still knock your socks off. It's really quite an exceptional game.

I hadn't realised that Control was linked to Alan Wake (or the Alan Wake universe) in any way at all - thanks for the heads up!

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I hadn't realised that Control was linked to Alan Wake (or the Alan Wake universe) in any way at all - thanks for the heads up!

Quantum Break is seemingly linked, too, but there's rights issues there with MS that stop it being official. Remedy don't actually own the game etc.

I think I’m gonna pick up Alan Wake 2 before Spider-Man 2.  Need to play through the first one but hearing that there’s a better sequence than the Ashtray Maze from Control has nailed it for me. How big is Alan Wake baring in mind I’ll have it set to pussyo mode as I do all horror games.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I think I’m gonna pick up Alan Wake 2 before Spider-Man 2.  Need to play through the first one but hearing that there’s a better sequence than the Ashtray Maze from Control has nailed it for me. How big is Alan Wake baring in mind I’ll have it set to pussyo mode as I do all horror games.

It'll be comfortably single digits of hours in easy mode. A good way to run through the story without getting bogged down by the maybe dated a little combat (but I do like how much it stands out).

I can't imagine finding it actually scary, it's way too campy in tone. 2 is definitely going to get me though!

Edited by CleetusVanDamme