WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

41 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

New Horizons and Stardew Valley have been incredibly helpful in tackling our eldests anxiety. 

Without getting too deep, she has found it is the best way she can relax and forget about her stress, so that's fantastic obviously. 

She's now after Minekos Night Market which looks like the most "her" game ever.

I saw this trailer the other day, might be one she'd like as well:

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

New Horizons and Stardew Valley have been incredibly helpful in tackling our eldests anxiety. 

Without getting too deep, she has found it is the best way she can relax and forget about her stress, so that's fantastic obviously. 

Even as a huge life long Nintendo fan boy, I never really got the appeal of Animal Crossing. I looked into it a while back and was amazed at how many people said it really helped them cope with anxiety, depression etc. I think thats amazing.

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

As someone that has a mild panic attack over the choice in some coffee shops, can you NOT do this please? :)

Don’t listen to the PC nerds, stick with your guns!

In all seriousness, many if not most PC games are not designed for the Steamdeck.  You can get them to run but often requires tinkering to make them playable.  If you enjoy spending time in menus, great.

All games on the Switch are designed for handheld play AND TV play.  It’s no messing.

I really don’t care about graphics any more - the Switch is capable of running beautiful open world games and also classic SNES games on the same screen, without issue.  I spend most of my game time now playing classic games on it, nearly finished StarFox but the last level is a killer.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Even as a huge life long Nintendo fan boy, I never really got the appeal of Animal Crossing. I looked into it a while back and was amazed at how many people said it really helped them cope with anxiety, depression etc. I think thats amazing.

They're not wrong either.

I started playing Animal Crossing back in around 2009 when I got Wild World on the Nintendo DS and that point of my life absolutely sucked. I was in an awfully rotten relationship that made me miserable, I had dropped out of Uni and I had a bout of Gastroenteritis so bad my doctor said when he had the same thing he curled up on the floor wanting to die. It had made me aware of my own mortality and manifested itself in the start of my life-long struggle with anxiety and depression.

I had no idea to that point what Animal Crossing was despite being a Nintendo fan all my life, but I took a chance on it because games I was usually playing for no reason at all now made me nervous and worried so I went as safe as I could.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that Animal Crossing was such a safe place for me, I don't know what I'd have done without it. It was routine at a time my life desperately needed it and it was somewhere peaceful that when real life got too hard for me, I could absorb myself into. Peaceful music, people to talk to (not actually, I'm not mad) and a quiet little island to just pop around and take my mind off things.

There are so many small things AC does that by design or not, help with things like depression and anxiety. The biggest one for me was that there was always someone awake on it. I could wake up at 3am or 6am having a panic and go on there knowing a villager would be awake to talk to.

I've gotten every game since and while it's still a safe place for me, my life is in a much better place now. I wasn't surprised at all that when the world fell to shit in 2020 millions of people started playing it, and it makes me so incredibly happy that other people got the same joy from it I did.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

Train Sim World 4 got announced yesterday, and a lot of people weren't happy about it as Dovetail claimed a few years ago that they wouldn't go down the yearly iteration route and I hear there's still stuff in TSW3 that doesn't work properly. One of the routes looks interesting as it's Blackpool to Ormskirk via Preston, which runs pretty close to where I am, and it has Pacers. It stinks of trying to give people something they'd been wanting for a while in the hopes of mollifying them. 

I'm still enjoying Vampire Survivors, Skullgirls Mobile, and Bus Simulator City Ride. 

On 8/23/2023 at 7:10 PM, SuperBacon said:

Will this be any good lads?

Was going to buy a Switch, but if I should hold out for that I will.

Switch really was just for Zelda and MGS when it comes out. Kids always take theirs home :(

So maybe I'm late to this any everyone realised this already, but this isn't even a games console.  You have to already have a PS5, turned on and running the game in your house, to stream to this.  So forget any ideas about playing it on the train or whatever.  It's literally just a wifi screen and controller.

Rubbish.

On 8/24/2023 at 11:01 PM, Loki said:

So maybe I'm late to this any everyone realised this already, but this isn't even a games console.  You have to already have a PS5, turned on and running the game in your house, to stream to this.  So forget any ideas about playing it on the train or whatever.  It's literally just a wifi screen and controller.

Rubbish.

Which you can already do with a half decent phone. Still runs like shit.

On 8/24/2023 at 7:00 PM, SuperBacon said:

Might I suggest Littlewood?

Even more chill than Stardew Valley. No timers, no collapsing due to exhaustion. Just town building and collecting.

https://youtu.be/PKMW9N4oEH4?si=8TrGoMVz5zx4FGsT

17 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Literally just found out that Persona 3 is getting the remake treatment. Guess that explains why they re-released P3P over the OG game or FES. 

Looks nice based on the trailer. 

Edit. 

It's coming to Game Pass. 

Finally played and finished 3 this year as I never thought their would be a remake :(