WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

On 5/2/2022 at 9:56 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Started playing Final Fantasy 15: Royal Edition today.

Really love that they’ve included all the previous Final Fantasy soundtracks for when you’re driving around 

I wasn't mad about it when I first played it, but I ended up really getting into it. The story is a bit messy, but the villain is really strong, and in the end that was enough for me. The side-missions were good fun, and I ended up investing a lot of time in the game. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I wasn't mad about it when I first played it, but I ended up really getting into it. The story is a bit messy, but the villain is really strong, and in the end that was enough for me. The side-missions were good fun, and I ended up investing a lot of time in the game. 

I’m currently on Chapter 10, there’s so much to do and I think this might be the biggest open world game I’ve ever played, I haven’t used magic once either, I’m finding it to complicated to make in the menu.  As someone mentioned previously, yea there is tons of driving around and when I decide on heading to a mission I can’t fast travel to I just whack on The 7/8/9/Dissida soundtracks and pick up my phone for a few minutes.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’m currently on Chapter 10, there’s so much to do and I think this might be the biggest open world game I’ve ever played, I haven’t used magic once either, I’m finding it to complicated to make in the menu.  As someone mentioned previously, yea there is tons of driving around and when I decide on heading to a mission I can’t fast travel to I just whack on The 7/8/9/Dissida soundtracks and pick up my phone for a few minutes.

I actually can’t remember if I used it, now that you mention it. If I did, it wasn’t very often. The driving didn’t bother me because of the soundtrack, but if someone wasn’t to have nostalgia for the previous games, I can see why it might. 

Got my living ship on No Man's Sky which is nice even if they are apparently useless. 

Mainly just pissing about with my settlement now but I'm close to burnt out. 

Biggest problem with the game is that there is zero challenge once you reach a certain point.

Got a scare recently with reports that some people were no longer able to play purchased PS1/2 classics on PS3 but thankfully mine all still work fine and have no expiration date. 

Gave Chrono Cross a go but got bored a couple of hours in so I'm probably going to move onto Parasite Eve. 

Edit. 

Fuck it, might give Final Fantasy XV a proper go. 

And then probably get bored and move onto something else. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

7 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Is the FFXV Comrades online game still playable? Remember it being an ok distraction when it first released. 

It is, just booted it up for the first time and others still seem to be playing 

Minor rant.

I’m unfortunately too busy making games to actually often play them, but Civ 6 was on sale on the Xbox store for 7 quid so I thought I’d dip my toe into that world.

The Tutorial takes about 3 hours to play, doesn’t allow you to save, and has a major, 100% reproducible bug about 2 hours in that hangs the game, meaning you either start again or just sack it off and dive into the game itself.

The bug has been known since launch in 2019 and not fixed.

This is why I don’t play games any more!  Shitearses.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Loki said:

I’m unfortunately too busy making games

42 minutes ago, Loki said:

This is why I don’t play games any more!  Shitearses.

Sounds like you're part of the problem! Make better games!!

3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Does FIFA 22 have a management like mode where I don't have to actually play games?

Yep, Career Mode is their version of Master League. You can quick sim games and for the past couple of years or so you can watch a Football Manager style sim too, and you can also drop into the match at any point and play (for example if you're in the 80th minute and losing). It's obviously nowhere near as detailed as Football Manager, but it's alright. 

Just restarted FFXV and quickly remembered that I simply can't stand Noctis. 

Easily a top contender for worst JRPG protagonist ever.

Future king yet pretty much free to do as he likes with the biggest inconvenience to his life (before shit hits the fan of course) being treated either as a local celebrity or with complete indifference. 

Then there is the arranged marriage which I thought might be lead to some conflict but not only is he fine with it, not only are Noctis and Luna conveniently childhood friends but Luna is also basically perfect in every way and loved by all.

Just want to punch the little cunt every time something sarcastic comes out of his mouth.

I admit though that I've never finished the game so maybe he grows as a character and fuck it i'm determined to make it through this time.

Game has been sitting in my library for years and I've subjected myself to much, much worse. 

As expected my terrible attention span got the better of me and I've already moved on from FFXV. Haven't deleted it from my console yet though which by my standards is progress so I'll probably get back into it eventually ....... maybe. 

Instead I started a fresh game of Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5 version this time) and I still bloody love it.

Was going to just play the Yuffie DLC which I've never gotten around to but I'm glad that I decided to give the main game another go.

Probably my favourite game from last gen not called Persona 5 or Nier Automata.

The fact that I have little nostalgic connection to the original (which I played but I didn't really get into JRPG's in any real way until Persona 3) is a sign of just how good a game I think it is.

Just hope we get part 2 before I'm 50 and Square Enix don't Square Enix it.

Considering they apparently lost their arse on their Marvel games, I wouldn't be shocked if we start hearing more about part 2 sooner rather than later.

Edited by The King Of Swing

I was sure Noctis’ voice actor was the same as Cloud’s from Remake but just looked it up before posting and it isn’t, they sounded EXACTLY the same.

Apparently FF16 is near completion so we’ll be getting that at some point this year.