WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator
8 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

What a mad deal. Why would the casual gamer who doesn’t give much of a fuck about the 5 game character arch of Kratos or Sack Boy bother with a PlayStation now? If you’re a FIFA and CoD with a bit of whatever else thrown in casual gamer it’s PC or Xbox all the way now isn’t it?

Minecraft, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot, Candy Crush, Elder Scrolls, Fallout... they sure own a lot of IPs now.

23 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Crash Bandicoot is the maddest one, I used to see him as PlayStation's Mario or Sonic in the early days. 

He was because Crash was exclusive for PlayStation in his Naughty Dog days until he went all Hall and Nash. 

PlayStation have been buying up smaller studios for a while now. I wouldn’t be surprised if they see themselves going full gaming boutique with their high end blockbuster games being their focal selling point even more so than they are now with tv and film deals being attached to more and more of their IP’s. Would PlayStation even cost as much as Activision?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

PlayStation have been buying up smaller studios for a while now. I wouldn’t be surprised if they see themselves going full gaming boutique with their high end blockbuster games being their focal selling point even more so than they are now with tv and film deals being attached to more and more of their IP’s.

With that in mind, I wonder what the odds would be on them going full Sega at some point and fucking off console production and being a mega developer? After all, Sony and Microsoft make a loss from consoles don't they?

4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

He was because Crash was exclusive for PlayStation in his Naughty Dog days until he went all Hall and Nash. 

PlayStation have been buying up smaller studios for a while now. I wouldn’t be surprised if they see themselves going full gaming boutique with their high end blockbuster games being their focal selling point even more so than they are now with tv and film deals being attached to more and more of their IP’s. Would PlayStation even cost as much as Activision?

From bits and pieces I've seen about that, or say Amazon or Apple buying Sony or Nintendo. The big Japanese companies have all kinds of roadblocks setup by their government to prevent it. Which is why you don't see big Japanese electronic giants being bought by western companies.

So Microsoft is going after big Western companies and IP's instead. It would not surprise me if they go after EA next.

• Paid Members

I wonder whether they'd go after Ubisoft next while their reputation is also in the gutter, or even just offer to work with FIFA once their licence with EA comes to an end. 

To be honest I can't think of any Activision games that I even play anymore.

I still play some Bethesda games if I'm in the mood and by games I mean just New Vegas.

I think Destiny 2 and AC Odyssey are the only major games developed by western studios that I have sunk major time into in recent years and I've complety dropped Destiny 2.

• Paid Members

It'll make for an interesting episode of the Jimquisition this Monday,if James Stephanie Sterling doesn't put a special one out in the meantime.

• Paid Members

Started Judgement the other day and after a pretty slow Chapter 1 I have spent the first 10 hours of Chapter 2 doing Drone Races and playing in the arcade between side missions and eating all the food with the bottomless stomach perk. Typical Yakuza fare.

Also @jazzygeofferzI’ve been meaning to ask, how are you finding Yakuza 0?
It’s still my favourite one of the lot.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Started Judgement the other day and after a pretty slow Chapter 1 I have spent the first 10 hours of Chapter 2 doing Drone Races and playing in the arcade between side missions and eating all the food with the bottomless stomach perk. Typical Yakuza fare.

Also @jazzygeofferzI’ve been meaning to ask, how are you finding Yakuza 0?
It’s still my favourite one of the lot.

I spent a few days doing the Cabaret Club and real estate stuff. The brawling mechanic is really good, I think I've missed some of the "prequel" references given that I'm starting from 0 rather than making my way through in release order. The story is good, the side missions aren't too much as they're pretty much done imemdiately, or turn up on the map anyway if it's something that needs doing. I'm mostly using Brawler style with Kiryu and Slugger style with Majima, but occasionally break out Beast and Thug. I'm about to start I think Chapter 8 or 10, and it feels like both the stories are about to start crossing over with each other.

Edited by jazzygeofferz