WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I agree. Its about the experience and the story. 

I picked up 4 Switch games for my £15 in the eshop sale. Steamworld Dig 2, because I really enjoyed the original on my 3ds. 

Urban Trials Tricks Deluxe, which is like those Trials motorbike games in the 360, but with a trick mechanic and some nice bright colours. 

Jenny LeClue: Detectivü which is a little puzzle adventure type thing with some silly dialogue. 

Galaxy Of Pen & Paper. I remember playing Knights Of Pen & Paper years ago on my phone, and have managed to pick it up across several other formats through the years. This one moves things into space and adds a lot more depth. They're all fun. I've still got about 20p and 200 coins left so will keep an eye on what else is available. The urge to buy Streets Of Rage 4 was strong, but I managed to resist. 

I found both Spider-Man and the last Arkham game to suffer from too much filler, be it a million things to do on the map or just so many mechanics that it feels like they're masking some shallowness.

It's like the curse of Ubisoft found it's way into the greater AAA gaming sphere.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, stumobir said:

It was the 2018 one, the story isn’t bad and the characters are well voice acted but other than the Octavius stuff the rest of it felt rushed. For example, one extremely easy mission with Miles’ dad isn’t enough to make me care about either of those characters. Like I say, there were positives but as someone who likes to blast through a game rather than an hour here or there then it just felt overly repetitive for me. Example of that being, completing all the Frisk and Demon hideouts only to then have to do the exact same with Sable and Prisoners in the second half. And the little bonus challenges of drone chasing, taking pictures of cats and finding backpacks all just felt like pointless filler.

I can't argue with anything you said to be honest. I didn't do much "free roam" stuff, so perhaps that help stave it off enough for me.

From a story side I also don't know half the characters in it, if it wasn't in the 90s cartoon where shocker looked like a giant pineapple I don't care, which perhaps helped with some story elements feeling fresh too.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’m sure you can just ignore all the pointless side missions on Spider-Man can’t you? I never because I found them quite satisfying but it’s easily avoidable. If the story doesn’t do it for you though you’re fucked I suppose.

They’re inconsequential but you do need to complete some of them to earn tokens to upgrade your gear. 

• Paid Members

I guess I’m in the minority where I enjoyed web-swinging over to a Fisk building site and just pratting around webbing up and beating up ~50 goons. I found it a good way to get familiar with all the techniques and stringing combos together as well so I wasn’t just button mashing when in fights elsewhere in the game.

Edited by Your Fight Site

6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

They're a grind, it's artificial padding because for some reason games have to be 40 hours+ long. If you don't do the grind then the game is just far more difficult.

I felt that way too, which is why I far preferred Miles Morales. The game is the perfect length, the side missions are generally better or avoidable, and the story is much stronger. 

• Paid Members

Got the new Wario Ware and Forza Horizon 5 for Christmas. Think I'm going to hang fire for a few days and then use some of the load of money my gran's given me to try and scare up a Series X. Heck I might even be able to reinstall Train Sim World and get back on with the choo choos. 

I like how inclusive and accessible FH5 is. It freaked me out when all the characters started addressing me by name, but they're all calling me "jaz" now. Picking your pronoun is a nice touch as well. It looks nice, but there's not half a lot of loading, probably because it's running from the disk. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

17 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Got the new Wario Ware and Forza Horizon 5 for Christmas. Think I'm going to hang fire for a few days and then use some of the load of money my gran's given me to try and scare up a Series X. Heck I might even be able to reinstall Train Sim World and get back on with the choo choos. 

I like how inclusive and accessible FH5 is. It freaked me out when all the characters started addressing me by name, but they're all calling me "jaz" now. Picking your pronoun is a nice touch as well. It looks nice, but there's not half a lot of loading, probably because it's running from the disk. 

I played FH5 on an origianal Xbox One. It would take about a minute to load each race. I now have a Series X and it takes about 10-15 seconds. 

Danganronpa S Ultimate Summer Camp (Switch) 

Was bored and thought some Danganronpa would be fun but oh boy was I wrong, it's among the most shallow cash grabs I've ever come across. 

Basically the bonus board game from Danganronpa 3 (a fun little bonus distraction) stretched out and including gatcha mechanics and microtransactions. 

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

0/10. 

Shite. 

• Paid Members

Has anybody got any experience with the XBox Elite controller? I'm trying to get my paws on a Series X, and it looks like unless I'm risking a used one from CEX the best deal I can find for one is with an Elite controller? Presumably at some point in the new year the console will be back in stock on its own and I just have to hang fire. 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Has anybody got any experience with the XBox Elite controller? I'm trying to get my paws on a Series X, and it looks like unless I'm risking a used one from CEX the best deal I can find for one is with an Elite controller? Presumably at some point in the new year the console will be back in stock on its own and I just have to hang fire. 

Don’t waste your time or money. They break almost immediately regardless of Generation and unless you’re a real hardcore FPS guy, functionally not worth the money. They were a complete bane returning them constantly at my old job. 
I’m sure there are people out there love them and have had no issues but in my experience they were the exception and not the rule.