WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

The arcade one was a version of the Gamecube one, you could even use a GC memory card to upload/download data from it. Good luck finding a cabinet tho, even back then they were rare as fuck.

There's even a map of all known cabinets with none in the UK.

Edited by Merzbow

3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The arcade one was a version of the Gamecube one, you could even use a GC memory card to upload/download data from it. Good luck finding a cabinet tho, even back then they were rare as fuck.

I think the only one I ever saw was at a video games event I'd gone to. Always expected to see one in the wild somewhere but never did.

• Paid Members

Boycott Capcom (except RE4 remake*, that would be cruel self-harm), this punching down on and trolling of Dino Crisis fans is disgusting. Being scared that something might be too good (the only plausible explanation) is not a valid reason to not bring back/remake something. Scum.

* and any new ports of the OG, obviously.

7 hours ago, scratchdj said:

If you want to scratch that F-Zero-feeling itch, Fast RMX is actually pretty decent on Switch.

I got that the day switch came out, I think it cost me £17, so I imagine it probably goes on sale 9 months of the year 5 years on and at full price it was definitely worth it. 

On 3/6/2022 at 10:36 AM, Vegeta said:

Just installing this now, can't wait to give it a crack, looks amazing

How have you found it?

I've enjoyed my time on it so far, the Cafe Menu nonsense is a bit annoying but at least it adds some kind of story to the game. Driving with a wheel kit is so much better than a pad but it is prone to small inconsistencies with corner braking.

I'm up to about 50 cars in my collection now but I don't know how I'm going to muster up millions in credits for the expensive cars unless there's some big money racing further down the line.

I'm just glad it's better than GT Sport.

• Paid Members

I always reach a point where I can't drive certain cars above a certain power. The fastest thing I drove in the whole of Forza Horizon 5 was bare in A-spec and I could just about manage that. I think I might have to pass on GT7 as I'll probably only make it to international B licence if I'm lucky. 

50 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I always reach a point where I can't drive certain cars above a certain power. The fastest thing I drove in the whole of Forza Horizon 5 was bare in A-spec and I could just about manage that. I think I might have to pass on GT7 as I'll probably only make it to international B licence if I'm lucky. 

It's pretty easy going, plus you can play with the difficulty settings. I've not driven anything that's too wild yet and the licences are considerably easier compared to previous games as I acquired the International A on my first few hours into the game. I ripped a course with a Nissan Skyline R34 doing 160mph+ in some sections and it never felt too fast for me.

@Merzbow It's one of the earlier cars you collect/win. The one I have is the '83 Levin version.

@scratchdj That's a sweet setup, many a man would love to look like a nob just to be in that position, I hope it brings you much joy.

• Paid Members

@Rule One Is the 1991 Mercedes Benz 190 E in it? 

I kind of enjoy driving the more "regular" cars in driving games generally. I remember the fun I used to have driving a tuned brown Volvo estate in GT4 against low end sports cars. It all usually ends up with me finding a car I like and just doing laps of circuits I like to see how much I can improve. 

Following on from the huge BLM bundle they did a couple of years ago itch.io have a bundle for Ukraine out containing 992 items for $10.

https://itch.io/b/1316/bundle-for-ukraine

Also, there's a book about the history of wrestling games out called Wrestling With Pixels. I have a feeling this has already been discussed in a previous thread as its been out for a few years. I noticed on Amazon there are choices between a black and white edition and a colour edition. 

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/books/hg101-presents-wrestling-with-pixels/

Edited by jazzygeofferz