Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted October 16, 2020 Awards Moderator Posted October 16, 2020 I've praised it for 25 years to anyone who can't run away. I've probably listened to it more than I've watched Brookside. I bore the arse off anyone who's not muted me on Twitter about it. This is genuinely up there as one of the best songs of all time. It's astonishing. Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted October 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 16, 2020 6 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said: This is genuinely up there as one of the best songs of all time. It's astonishing. When I was at secondary school we had an assembly for the whole school and the deputy head of year played that song (it had just come out) in its entirety on the speakers because he thought it was so inspiring that every kid should listen to it. It was a cool moment I never forgot, I'm quite sentimental about that song, it's lovely. Quote
Magnum Milano Posted October 17, 2020 Posted October 17, 2020 Just like Salad, another single that I had on cassette back in the day. The version of this that they performed on Jools Holland is one of my favopurite all-time performances from that show, David McAlmont's vocals are something else. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted October 21, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 21, 2020 Just got ear-wormed with this. Monte Video & The Cassettes - Shoop Shoop Diddy Wop Cumma Cumma Wang Dang Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted October 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2020 Smith & Burrows releasd a new single today, and announced their album comes out on February 5th.# Quote
Magnum Milano Posted October 22, 2020 Posted October 22, 2020 Lick the Tins - Can't Help Falling in Love (1985) Quote
Paid Members Lenin Posted October 23, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 23, 2020 NbdRLyixJpc Came on YouTube music shuffle and I was blown away by the voice, thinking old Blondie's finally learned to sign! Then discovered it was wee Miley. What a gem of a voice. Decided to dig the guitar out and play along ? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.