Members SuperBacon Posted February 2, 2024 Members Posted February 2, 2024 Almost certain I've posted this before but I don't care. Quote
Paid Members John Matrix Posted February 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 2, 2024 Good mate of mine (who in recent years our relationship has descended into little more than sending each other links to songs that we're listening to) sent me a link to this earlier today. Now I love me some Billy Joel, but wouldn't claim to be an aficionado, and I wondered how i'd not heard this before - apparently because it's brand new, and yet is as utterly powerful and authentic as anything he's ever performed - no sense of having to 'modernise' or have some new fucker on the chorus for a few crossover sales. Admittedly, i'm soft as shit these days and prone to blub over anything, but as is so often the case when I listen to Billy, it's as if he's written this for me. Lovely stuff. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted February 2, 2024 Posted February 2, 2024 34 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Obligatory Kenny Everett reference Quote
SaitoRyo Posted February 2, 2024 Posted February 2, 2024 Shit-hot Texas honkytonk band Mike and The Moonpies have officially changed their name to Silverada, presumably in an effort to be taken more seriously/progress in their career. I've been a big fan for a while and don't know what to make of the name change. Anyway, this is their first effort as Silverada, with a self-titled LP due out in May (I think). I like it. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted February 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 2, 2024 2 hours ago, SaitoRyo said: Shit-hot Texas honkytonk band Mike and The Moonpies have officially changed their name to Silverada, presumably in an effort to be taken more seriously/progress in their career. I've been a big fan for a while and don't know what to make of the name change. Anyway, this is their first effort as Silverada, with a self-titled LP due out in May (I think). I like it. Mike & the Moonpies came to my attention a few years back as they are my favourite artist's favourite artist. I've always thought it to be a damn good band name. Better than the one they've changed it to, IMO. Regardless, like this song a lot. And while I'm here, I'll never miss an opportunity to pimp my favourites, so here's noted Mike & the Moonpies fans Hellbound Glory: Quote
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted February 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 2, 2024 2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Absolute lifechanger, that song. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted February 5, 2024 Posted February 5, 2024 Gary Clail On-U Sound System - Human Nature. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.