All New Song of the Day (no Levellers)

gmoney

• Paid Members

Stumbled across a channel showing 1996's 'The Fan' last night.  Massively underrated film I reckon, one of the best examples of those thrillers the mid 90's did so well, there's absolutely no fat on it, Snipes is brilliant in a more dramatic role, and i'm no De Niro enthusiastic (as my general tastes no doubt reveal) but he's fucking terrifying in this and it says something about his performance and this song choice, that by the time it plays over the end credits, you almost feel sorry for the mad bastard.  If you're fragile like me, have a tissue ready.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Great song, but that Gary Davies prick ruined it for me when he hosted TOTP when this was on and he said “And now it’s Weak In The Presence Of Moyet by Alison Beauty”

Twat. 

• Paid Members
On 2/11/2024 at 9:37 AM, John Matrix said:

Stumbled across a channel showing 1996's 'The Fan' last night.  Massively underrated film I reckon, one of the best examples of those thrillers the mid 90's did so well, there's absolutely no fat on it, Snipes is brilliant in a more dramatic role, and i'm no De Niro enthusiastic (as my general tastes no doubt reveal) but he's fucking terrifying in this and it says something about his performance and this song choice, that by the time it plays over the end credits, you almost feel sorry for the mad bastard.  If you're fragile like me, have a tissue ready.

Great stuff, but who is this Terrence Trent D'Arby?