Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted December 15, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 15, 2022 19 hours ago, Merzbow said: Fond memories of Fifa 09 and the first Fifa that was released during my formative years at University. A wonderful track to have in the background trying to cobble together a misfit Norwich City squad. Quote
Loki Posted December 16, 2022 Posted December 16, 2022 I need the hive mind to help me find a song/music video. It's from the nineties I think and is a duet between two African American singers and the video is set IIRC at a loft party where everyone is looking cool. The guy I think is wearing particularly cool hat/sunglasses combo. It's someone like (but not) Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross, or that kind of combination. I realise this is vague, hence me not being able to work out who it was. I just remember the costumes being particularly of-the-time cool but the song being pretty awful. I think it's a famous song too! Quote
Merzbow Posted December 16, 2022 Posted December 16, 2022 Was there a better pop producer in the 00's than Timbaland? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 16, 2022 Members Posted December 16, 2022 5 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Was there a better pop producer in the 00's than Timbaland? The Neptunes would run him close, but probably not. Even when he was recycling beats, he was better than most. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 16, 2022 Posted December 16, 2022 15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: The Neptunes would run him close True, but starting the decade with Try Again is an instant win in my book. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 17, 2022 Posted December 17, 2022 15 hours ago, Loki said: I need the hive mind to help me find a song/music video. It's from the nineties I think and is a duet between two African American singers and the video is set IIRC at a loft party where everyone is looking cool. The guy I think is wearing particularly cool hat/sunglasses combo. It's someone like (but not) Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross, or that kind of combination. I realise this is vague, hence me not being able to work out who it was. I just remember the costumes being particularly of-the-time cool but the song being pretty awful. I think it's a famous song too! Sounds like this. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 17, 2022 Members Posted December 17, 2022 10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Another sign I'm getting old is my 13yo recommended me this. It's a belter isn't it? Quote
Loki Posted December 17, 2022 Posted December 17, 2022 @Keith HouchenThat is the one! Man, I've been trying to find this for ages but I totally didn't think it was a British girl band. BeBe Winans' hat there is majestic. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 17, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 17, 2022 56 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Another sign I'm getting old is my 13yo recommended me this. It's a belter isn't it? My 15yo's never heard of her Quote
Paid Members SpiritOfTheForest Posted December 17, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 17, 2022 Also one for any "covers better than the originals" thread. Great album all round but this one is my highlight. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.