Bargain Hunt

PowerButchi

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

It's my first watch of it today. Its halfway though. I'm hoping Christina Trevanion crushes the competition for the local conurbation.  It's good to have a home team still playing in lockdown. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
17 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Just came downstairs for lunch/Bargain Hunt and Sebastian is working the tables today.

Raskin-Sharp at the helm though, so it’ll stay on.

If I was the pink trousered dandy that is David Harper I'd be looking for the cyanide after Sebastian made a hundred and twenty quid on those shite looking chairs. 

Mind you, yesterday was special, golden gavel and went home with no money. They did buy a load of old shite though. 

• Moderators
On 2/21/2020 at 7:41 AM, PowerButchi said:

Roo Irvine today. She's tidy. 

It's just a run of the mill pub full of bored middle aged men watching daytime TV. 

The daily schedule is

12:15 Bargain Hunt

1.0 One o clock and Welsh News

1.45 Doctors

2.15 conversation/making fun of Dave the Liar

4.0 Tipping Point

5.0 The Chase. 

6pm is home time. 

Reminds me of how when I come back to the UK to visit my dear mother, I end up waking up around 9:30ish, by the time I've had a shit and the first round of breakfast its on to whatever shite is on BBC1 at 10 (Rip off Britain or whatever), but time the second round of toast for the real highlight, Homes Under The Hammer. Glorious.

After a couple days of this my mother starts to yell at me like I'm a lazy arse teenager all over again.

Not quite Bargain Hunt viewing but I've got the kids into Flog It, because they like seeing the disappointment on peoples faces when their item which they think is highly valued isn't worth much (see also Antiques Roadshow which is where this glee came from)

I feel like an awful parent raising cynical, bitter kids :)

• Moderators

There used to be one about the A1 in the 11:30 slot which was about as interesting as an episode of The South Bank Show on Michael Owen. 

The one about moving to Australia is alright. 

There's one about people ripping off insurance companies and then being caught and going to prison which is about as fun as it sounds as well. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m missing Doctors, lads. That Aussie thing just isn’t cutting it. 

Important double post. 

It'll be on its Wimbledon break. I don't think The Worlds Finest Soap will be back till after the summer hols. Its a term time exclusive