Bargain Hunt

PowerButchi

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

The lead into the great show today was a new one on me - Dom Does America.

Everyone’s “favourite” man-tortoise spreads his charm stateside, making as little effort as possible in convincing our dearest friends he’s not a bit a bell. Today, he became a cowboy and shoved his arm up a cow that then did a poo. Amazing.

In better news, Stephanie Connell was one of the experts today.

I watched that! He was doing bicep poses after branding a heifer. Top flight morning television. 

• Moderators

Listen to some bloke I don't know online for nigh on half an hour, or type to people I half know online? Fuck Thomas, Dom Does America is now part of UKFF daytime TV rota. 

There was one on last winter PreBargainHunt and he was working in a gaol in America, was that the same series? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I’m seriously thinking of applying (as an expert, not a contestant. I know fuck all about antiques and can be really pompous when I want to be).

Expertise in the antique world isn’t a necessity, yellow trousers, a blue jacket and a pink cravat are. 

I k ow it's not Bargin Hunt but falls roughly I'm to the same category for me, anyone watch Money for Nothing?

They rescue stuff from the tip and up cycle it and usually sell it on for a ridiculous profit. Due to Covid, I've been home since March with little to do so daytime TV has become my friend and I always look forward to Money for Nothing, especially when Jay Blades is presenting.

15 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I k ow it's not Bargin Hunt but falls roughly I'm to the same category for me, anyone watch Money for Nothing?

They rescue stuff from the tip and up cycle it and usually sell it on for a ridiculous profit. Due to Covid, I've been home since March with little to do so daytime TV has become my friend and I always look forward to Money for Nothing, especially when Jay Blades is presenting.

We hate the woman who presents it in our house. And some of the upcycling consists of painting a chair leg purple and selling it for 400. All tips should have a tip shop where decent things are rescued and sold to stop them ending up as landfill. 
If you like this, give Flipping Profit a go. An upcycler, second hand dealer, and antiques ponce (usually from Bargain Hunt) battle to make the most profit. 

I am amazed at how much money they manage to get for some of the stuff @Keith Houchen, as it still looks crap! Some of it is really good though.

I'll have a look for Flipping Profit and give it a go.

Also, I agree, this having an up cycling shop is a great idea!

Edited by deathrey

• Moderators

That Scottish woman on Money For Nothing who turned some lovely oak chairs into thrones and painted them black with playing card fabric on the seats last week needs shooting. They made 150 profit. Never watched it again since I was that angry.