Bargain Hunt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the best day of my life. A woman staying in the pub has been on Bargain Hunt and HAS THE FLEECE WOTH HER.    Needless to say we all had a go wearing it. 

She's only 34. That's the type of information 32 year old me uses to convince himself that he has a chance.

It’s the age old question, isn’t it. Do they dress like that because they’re antiques experts or do they become antiques experts because they dress like that. 

Posted Images

• Paid Members

@PowerButchi I could easily put this in the “Today I learnt” thread as I always assumed you took your size from Tim Wonnacott’s wardrobe and put it back when you walked away with your £3 winnings.

I truly believed those things were antiques themselves, so my mind is blown that you get one of your own!

Edited by scratchdj
  • Paid Members

I've always wondered if there is actually any realistic chance of one of the Bargain Hunt contestants finding a long lost antique or something and making some real money from it? I'd have thought that the minute the sellers would see the experts taking interest in something that their guard would be up, meanin they would double check somethings value?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I've often thought I'd make a great expert on Bargain Hunt. I can be quite a nob when I want to be and I know fuck all about antiques.

The entire pub is actually in love with Christina Trevanion. She lives a couple of villages over. We wait in the pub with bated breath for her to enter for a half of tetleys. And we'll not tell her that we prefer Anita Manning as an auctioneer. 

Bargain Hunt needs a thread on here. I fucking hate Danny Sebastian with his voice like Slimer.

Edited by PowerButchi
14 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Bargain Hunt needs a thread on here. I fucking hate Danny Sebastian with his voice like Slimer.

He dresses and acts like that in real life too!

My mate used to be in a Soul / Funk covers band and they sporadically played this pub in Clitheroe at which Sebastian was a regular.  A few times, when I was up visiting, they played there, so I would go along and watch.  This was prior to his time on Bargain Hunt, so I had no knowledge of what he did for a living; but he stood out like a sore thumb with his afro, burners, cravate, retro shirt etc. in a sea of normality.  I had a shock and a half when I first saw him on BH and instantly recognized him as "that guy" from the gigs.  He's a pretty shocking "expert" to be fair and celebrates a pound profit like he's turned a tenner into grand.

Edited by Magnum Milano
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Couple of mates were on Bargain Hunt about 10 years ago and said Tim Wonnacott was a creepy sex pest towards all the young women who worked on the show. They said it was no surprise he got fired from the show.

Now, we've assumed for ages in the pub why that's why he's no longer on it. 

It's nice to have a round about confirmation. 

Edited by PowerButchi