Survivor Series 2019

TildeGuy~!

Whether or not it's all about the Wednesday ratings, it's forced them to actually build some future stars in Ripley and Lee etc. Something they've struggled to do in recent years. Obviously if any of the NXT lot move to the other brands then I'm sure they'll be fucked, but it's nice to enjoy it while it lasts anyway.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Whether or not it's all about the Wednesday ratings, it's forced them to actually build some future stars in Ripley and Lee etc. Something they've struggled to do in recent years.

I couldn't disagree more with this. Lee and Ripley are NXT acts. WWE have had no problem whatsoever in building people on NXT who feel ready to be superstars. We're not even a year removed from the Halftime Heat 6-man when Ricochet and Black were in that exact position. They've made it mean nothing for years and years. That's not just a cliche knock on WWE. Obviously the talent keeps coming through and gives them new stuff constantly to keep selling their product on, so it's valuable. But nobody has reached superstar level since The Shield and they're pretty much an anomoly in the last 15 years along with D-Bry (to an extent).

Keith Lee was so much fun on this show. But I have no confidence whatsoever that he won't just be Otis on another brand because they've not given us any reason to think otherwise. if he's not a joke like Otis, he's half a star like Ricochet.

• Paid Members
Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

Quick scroll to the bottom to avoid spoilers, but could someone post the running order? Also how long does the show run? 3hrs30 I might do in one go, anything above that and I’ll split over 2 nights

It's about 3 1/2 hours.

Women's Survivors

Styles/Naka/Strong

Cole vs. (NXT spoiler)

Wyatt vs. Bryan

Men's Survivors

Brock vs. Rey

Bayley/Becky/Shana

• Paid Members

Brock German suplexing Rey by whipping him up off the ground and throwing him like a child’s doll cracked me up more then it should have. 

some bright spots, Rhea and Keith Lee, the mid titles match, the NXT title match and the aforementioned Brock/  Rey match were all good to great but the rest of the card was meh. I hate the stupid Red Light for The Fiend matches. One of the better PPV’s of late, just gutted Dunne didn’t get the win.

The two women's matches were sloppy and badly put together.

The traditional women's match played out like I thought with some of the NXT women getting upset pins on they established WWE women without hurting them in the least bit but giving a rub the upcoming women.

For me it's really apparent that the NXT girls have alot more athleticism and work a more indie style, fast and daring pace than they established WWE women. It's a shame that there wasn't more depth this match as more high spots but it felt very traditional slower paced typical Women's match than it did a NXT match and the NXT women didn't get a whole lot of opportunities to show out like they did the previous night at Takeover.

I wonder if it's the case that when NXT wrestlers are called up they are told to work a more traditional WWE style than compared to what they are used to in NXT possibly because they are working with more slow paced veterans maybe or the agents and producers in WWE want and expect a different approach to their work than the agents and producers in NXT. There's a obvious in ring difference between WWE and NXT and it's a shame if it's the case that when workers make the switch they have to tone down there stuff. Maybe that's why Finn Balor is back in NXT as he can be more creative in NXT.

I thought the matches were very repetitive lastnight as well with very little making each one stand out from the crowd. Same moves and high spots etc like diving through the ropes only to be stopped by a kick or a kick from the outside to someone inside the ring and my god the amount of super kicks and general kicks is ridiculous. Its all become very obvious to were you can call what's going to happen before it even happens.

Brock and Rey was to be expected, what I found funny was when Brock stepped on the 'steel' pipe in squashed a bit like a cardboard toilet roll lol

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, C-Rock said:

I wonder if it's the case that when NXT wrestlers are called up they are told to work a more traditional WWE style than compared to what they are used to in NXT possibly because they are working with more slow paced veterans maybe or the agents and producers in WWE want and expect a different approach to their work than the agents and producers in NXT.

It's a creative choice - they recognise that the NXT audience want a more "indie" approach, and specifically brought in producers and agents to help make NXT feel less like a WWE product at one stage (I know that was one of Jimmy Jacobs' first roles in the company), whereas WWE is more about working for TV, and working a style that's both better suited to a heavier schedule, and to getting key spots over with the audience.

The one thing that annoyed me more than anything which made me skip the rest of the match, was early on during the women's survivor series match someone broke up a pin that wasn't her team. 

That angered me so much because there was 0 logic behind it and when you consider there are 15 women in this match and its elimination until 1 is left why would you break a pin that was being made on your opposing team.

The fiend is a fantastic character and what he has done with that new idea is brilliant, most others would put not even half the energy and thought behind the character and for that he deserves alot of praise and respect. However as soon as he hits the ring and that red lightning comes on it ruins every single part of the character development he puts in on raw each week. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

The one thing that annoyed me more than anything which made me skip the rest of the match, was early on during the women's survivor series match someone broke up a pin that wasn't her team. 

That angered me so much because there was 0 logic behind it and when you consider there are 15 women in this match and its elimination until 1 is left why would you break a pin that was being made on your opposing team.

Haven't watched yet, so don't know the exact context, but calculated risk? You'd rather see the other two teams wear each other down for longer and pick up the scraps?

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Haven't watched yet, so don't know the exact context, but calculated risk? You'd rather see the other two teams wear each other down for longer and pick up the scraps?

More likely to be individual error because that's what you do in a triple threat?

I fucking hate triple threat matches. In fact, most multi-man matches. But especially triple threats. The novelty has long since worn off. They're just a mess and they either all get in each other's way or somebody has to be knocked out for an unfeasibly long time to allow the other two to do some stuff. Extending that to tag matches is bad enough but to a massive elimination match is taking the piss. I think the wrestlers did a decent job with such a naff stip on this show. It's so restrictive but they worked hard to work around it. Can excuse the odd mis-step.

Listening to some podcasts on the lead up to this show alot of people were saying the same thing with survivor series as a whole ppv concept now which is having everyone come together to defend the brand and act like they would live and die for it but 11 months out of the year they jump brand's and don't show any loyalty whatsoever.

Case in point was Kevin Owens appearing for nxt takeover then seth Rollins doing a backstage promo saying he didn't trust where his loyalties lay after the previous night....however he had ricochet on the team and he was only in nxt what 1 month ago or so.

It just doesn't work or make alot of sense with how the world wwe company works now with wrestlers jumping from brand to brand all the time 

*edit* 

Also something that really took alot out of it was the team entrance for each survivor series match with the most generic music they could find.

Its been talked about so much how entrances are such an important part because it gets the crowd hyped up and that energy buzzing in the room but the way they did it this year the crowd were dead and that normal energy was nonexistent 

Edited by Kfogg1991
Addition to original post

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Also something that really took alot out of it was the team entrance for each survivor series match with the most generic music they could find.

Its been talked about so much how entrances are such an important part because it gets the crowd hyped up and that energy buzzing in the room but the way they did it this year the crowd were dead and that normal energy was nonexistent 

I'm not sure it's entirely fair to label Slipknot or ACDC as generic. Also, you would have preferred they do 15 entrances instead of 3 for those matches? The show would still be going now. 

4 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I'm not sure it's entirely fair to label Slipknot or ACDC as generic. Also, you would have preferred they do 15 entrances instead of 3 for those matches? The show would still be going now. 

One of those songs was slipknot....no way seriously 

I recognised the adcd one but I thought it was possibly like airborne or something because it was so quiet not like they have with the normal entrances so it was hard to make out. Obviously I didn't expect 15 separate entrances but it really didn't work and left it with the start of the match really flat and not engaging that crowd.

1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Case in point was Kevin Owens appearing for nxt takeover then seth Rollins doing a backstage promo saying he didn't trust where his loyalties lay after the previous night....however he had ricochet on the team and he was only in nxt what 1 month ago or so.

Ricochet has been on Raw for 9 months.