Every Argos Catalogue ever

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Index was basically an Argos and Generation Game hybrid wasn't it? I was fascinated by the little conveyor belt the items used to arrive on.

Our Index had a smart little lift that the item arrived in. Kind of like a DumbWaiter that you get in multi-floor restaurants. It always seemed more exciting waiting for a toy to arrive in the Index lift, than it did waiting for a random middle aged woman with too much make up on to bring it from the back at Argos.

• Moderators

I'm not familiar with Index but man I loved the Argos catalogue. I spent several years when growing up abroad in Europe because of my dad's work. But if he came back to the UK on business he'd always pick up the latest Argos catalogue for us and bring it back (along with many boxes of Ricicles for me if he was driving). I can remember the palpable excitement so vividly. I remember one particularly well-timed trip home that had him also picking up the Megadrive magazine issue that had the Mortal Kombat blood code in it. ABACABB.

Am I missing something? I'm 99.9% certain I bought a Texas Tornado and Bam Bam Bigelow Hasbro (amongst others) from Argos. Can't see them anywhere though! Lesser so but I seem to recall the first jakks being in there too. Remember the HBK, Bret and someone else there.

Is this my Mandela effect?!

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Mikeymike83 said:

Am I missing something? I'm 99.9% certain I bought a Texas Tornado and Bam Bam Bigelow Hasbro (amongst others) from Argos. Can't see them anywhere though! Lesser so but I seem to recall the first jakks being in there too. Remember the HBK, Bret and someone else there.

At one point, Argos used to just show all the Hasbos as one item, and just used to pick and send a random fugure from the line. That might be what happened...

• Paid Members

I got a Macho King, Ultimate Warrior & the Bushwackers from Blackpool Argos when we went there one weekend for the illuminations. We went to a wrestling show on one of the piers which featured Klondike Kate and a guy called the British Bushwacker.

15 hours ago, Mikeymike83 said:

Argos or Index did sell Shawn Michaels and Undertaker from the first Jakks series, they came as a set for a tenner, I think - if they're not in the Argos book that came out in summer 96, it was Index. First time I saw the Bret figure was at the WWF tour merch stand after Survivor Series 96. 

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

There's always those stop gab Argos cataglogues as well, which might have sold stuff that arent in these ones. The small books that came out between the seasonal ones. I believe I thought a WWF microphone from there, but I cant seem to find them on this website.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay