One good film

chokeout

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

"I" think it was shit. Well, shit was a strong reaction. Having seen the trailer and thinking it was going to be hilarious, it was a massive let down, because it showed all the really funny bits in it. This forum seems to enjoy it though, and as I said, neither were turkeys. I personally thought Horrible Bosses was pretty good, but then I probably haven't re-watched it in a while.

Still, that's a weird stalk. If I knew you were going to go back through my history I would have stated it wasn't my view it was good. There you go. Also, what mask?

I have something called memory, it means I'm able to recall what people have posted in the past, what is my arse and what is my elbow, and whether or not I've said a film is good or not. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I have something called memory, it means I'm able to recall what people have posted in the past, what is my arse and what is my elbow, and whether or not I've said a film is good or not. 

I know what I have said on films before as well. For example, new Lion King is shit. But I couldn't tell you what you have said about a film on a wrestling forum from a few weeks ago. Erm.. congrats on the memory and knowing which page I said something on? 

Anyway, still intrigued about this mask that's slipping. Because If you think I deliberately say things to disagree with certain people, then your wrong as I have actually agreed with them. Lately on Mission Impossible Fallout for example. Baywatch will remain a missed opportunity for all involved. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I am actually speechless at the simultaneous rigorous hole digging and back-tracking by Scorch right now. 

prepare to be more amazed as I went through the forum, manually as the search is shit. I bring you Baywatch

Original comment

On 9/11/2017 at 9:35 AM, Nick Soapdish said:

I am halfway through watching Baywatch (poorly children stopped us from watching it one go) and at the midway point its a poor knock off of 21 Jump Street with some of the worst CGI I have seen outside of a Sharknado film in quite some time, yet it had a pretty hefty budget

On 5/30/2017 at 4:47 PM, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Blades of Glory is brilliant!

Baywatch isn't, it's really awful, I wasn't expecting much but it's one of the worst films I've ever seen. No highlights, a film made for total idiots (and that's coming from me who likes loads of stupid shit).

On 5/31/2017 at 3:56 PM, ColinBollocks said:

Turns out the reviewers were right about Baywatch.

On the positive side, there are a couple of laughs early doors and the woman and men look great with very little on.

On the negative, there are only a couple of laughs in a near 2 hour comedy film. All the self aware jokes were mostly woeful too.

The new CJ is incredible, however. Woof.

On 5/31/2017 at 4:22 PM, ColinBollocks said:

See, the trailer made it seem like good fun, but it isn't. I found myself really bored pretty early on, but again, 2 funny jokes in 2 hours.

I honestly preferred Hercules, which is also rotten.

On 6/11/2017 at 7:43 PM, johnnyboy said:

Baywatch was just what I needed this weekend.  Perfectly fun.  Not exactly the greatest film ever made or anything but Zac and Rock's chemistry made it work.  Plenty of self-referential gags too.

Minor quibbles:

Reveal hidden contents

Only a smidge of "I'm Always Here."  I could have really done with fucking belting that out.

Don't put fucking cameos in the opening fucking credits.

Some of the swearing was a touch fucking gratuitous.

Major quibble:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't have "nudity" appear in the BBFC title card if the only nudity in the film is an old man's penis.  I was disappointed.

On 8/21/2017 at 11:33 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

I watched two films yesterday when very hungover.

Baywatch was really fucking bad. At times mildly entertaining. There's no way in earth I could have got through it if I was watching it on my own.

Later I watched Youth in Revolt. Which I didn't have high expectations of but it was a perfectly decent way to kill some time. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a Michael Cera film that's a Wes Anderson knock off.

No back tracking from me. I don't like it, others did, though less then I remembered

• Moderators

I have no recollection of watching youth in revolt, and if you'd asked me five minutes ago I'd have said I'd never heard of it. I must have been really hanging.

Incidentally, that post is a lot of effort for someone who said going back through old threads to find evidence is lame.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I have no recollection of watching youth in revolt, and if you'd asked me five minutes ago I'd have said I'd never heard of it. I must have been really hanging.

Incidentally, that post is a lot of effort for someone who said going back through old threads to find evidence is lame.

I was just trying to prove I wasn't back tracking. It was far too much effort to do so, but it's done.

Anyway, Kevin Costner. Won an Oscar for Dances with Wolves, never directed anything as good since

Alexandra Daddario is in Baywatch. It’s 12/10 

Hannibal, honestly you should’ve just taken it on the chin (KennethWilliams.jpg), and admitted you forgot what you wrote. 

I’m pretty sure we’ve all flip flopped on a film/album/match/etc or just plainly forgotten.

I am 34 and I still buy green pesto. I don’t like green pesto and I’m reminded of this every time I eat it. But I still go and buy it. I just fucking forget. It happens. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Alexandra Daddario is in Baywatch. It’s 12/10 

Hannibal, honestly you should’ve just taken it on the chin (KennethWilliams.jpg), and admitted you forgot what you wrote. 

I’m pretty sure we’ve all flip flopped on a film/album/match/etc or just plainly forgotten.

I am 34 and I still buy green pesto. I don’t like green pesto and I’m reminded of this every time I eat it. But I still go and buy it. I just fucking forget. It happens. 

Alexandra Daddario is certainly smoking. She even improved some shitty Netxflix original film I watched last year.

Look, you are right, and certainly would have done if I had enjoyed Baywatch But I really hadn't. And I do like some really shit films. And I really wasn't trying to back track. Though I cant agree with you on pesto. I love me some pesto.

16 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I never said it was lame, i thought it was weird he could remember what I said last month. But, yeah, what I did was lame. But would I be the same if I didn't. As an aside, I know I have seen Youth in Revolt but cant remember a damn thing about it.

• Paid Members

How about Tobe Hooper? I've got a soft spot for some of his movies (particularly Lifeforce), but there's a gulf between them and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which is incredibly good. Caveat that I've not seen all he's done, so I may be missing a gem.

This does depend on how true the rumours are that Spielberg had a lot more to do with directing Poltergeist, because that's pretty solid. And Salem's Lot was fun, but TV.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Chris B said:

How about Tobe Hooper? I've got a soft spot for some of his movies (particularly Lifeforce), but there's a gulf between them and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which is incredibly good. Caveat that I've not seen all he's done, so I may be missing a gem.

This does depend on how true the rumours are that Spielberg had a lot more to do with directing Poltergeist, because that's pretty solid. And Salem's Lot was fun, but TV.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq32TQOCv06Vd_X4kKhke

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq32TQOCv06Vd_X4kKhke

Saw it recently for the first time. It was fun, but I'd struggle to say it was good. I can entirely believe it's by the same director as Lifeforce, as opposed to the same director as the original, put it that way.

EDIT: This is less 'think they're shit except this one' and more 'one great film and a bunch of disappointing ones', but... I forgot that was one of the criteria.

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Chris B said:

As you say it’s a tough one,  because the film has always been credited to him, even though the Spielberg rumours are rife.