Old Teletext

PowerButchi

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You could cheat at Bamboozle?!

Yeah, at least on the TV my mum had you could. When you hit the fasttext button for the answer generally if you were wrong it would take a bit for the wrong answer page to load, that gave you enough time to hit one of the other answers.

• Moderators

If yiu had quick thumbs you could press all four colours after another before it got around to them. It'd bring up page numbers like

Red =15C

Yellow =15C

Green = 15B

Blue = 15C.

15B would be the correct answer. So press green again. You could also cheat manually if teletext was fed through a BBC micro which is was in my school 

Edited by PowerButchi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

As far as I know, no TV channel in Britain has an old-school teletext service any more. I think Racing UK (now Racing TV) was the last one to close theirs. I think RTE still have their Aertel teletext on Sky, but I can't check it right now. A fair few countries in Europe still run teletext services, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Hungary, Spain and Sweden spring to mind. I don't think there's any left outside Europe.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, scratchdj said:

As harsh as I am on the Digitiser Live show (I hate pretty much all of the final YouTube Found Footage stuff and the Digitiser YouTube show was crap), they're always fun events and there's always a really good atmosphere. We've met some good people at them, who always make a point of coming to say hello again.

The first few episodes were a bit awkward, but the last few I felt they really hit their stride. But I was all ready fan of Paul, Eli and Larry beforehand so everyone felt familiar.

I'm glad I gave the live show miss though as I can't see that being any good without the editing that goes into it.