Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 17, 2020 Paid Members Posted March 17, 2020 Stay classy in response to this Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted March 17, 2020 Paid Members Posted March 17, 2020 Taken her three days to respond like that, coincidentally once she started fucking trending. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted March 17, 2020 Posted March 17, 2020 Obviously it’ll apply to all MPs but Nadine Dorries is self isolating (as is another minister) and is getting full pay, not SSP. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 17, 2020 Paid Members Posted March 17, 2020 21 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Obviously it’ll apply to all MPs but Nadine Dorries is self isolating (as is another minister) and is getting full pay, not SSP. But that’s just part of the employment contract no? I get full pay if I have to self isolate for example but I don’t work for the government. It’s whatever policy your employer wants to pay Quote
Keith Houchen Posted March 17, 2020 Posted March 17, 2020 Indeed it is but I’m sure it’s scant comfort to a zero hours worker who has to choose between self isolation and putting food on the table. Im not saying it should be a race to the bottom, quite the opposite. I wish everyone had the best health protection. I also realise this sounds like some advice from the 80s about AIDS. Quote
Rey_Piste Posted March 17, 2020 Posted March 17, 2020 26 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Indeed it is but I’m sure it’s scant comfort to a zero hours worker who has to choose between self isolation and putting food on the table. Im not saying it should be a race to the bottom, quite the opposite. I wish everyone had the best health protection. I also realise this sounds like some advice from the 80s about AIDS. I've just used the last 80 hours of my holidays for the 19-20 season. I won't get paid if I had to to self isolate, unless I were to use up holiday for the 20-21 fiscal year. I shouldn't have to use my supposed leisure time if I want to feel safe. I know vigorous hand washing is supposed to help against this virus, but the Tories hand washing excuse to get out of this mess is fucking disgraceful. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 10, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 10, 2020 From a 1968 local paper. How times have changed. Quote
Paid Members Ronnie Posted April 10, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 10, 2020 It's not the first time: This wasn't placed by the Conservative Party itself but by the individual candidate, Peter Griffiths. Labour pushed the Tories to disown this MP, who actually won his seat on a swing in a Labour heartland. They didn't, with 25 of them even walking out of the Commons in protest. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted April 10, 2020 Moderators Posted April 10, 2020 Here's a pirate tory radio station from 1979. Horrible. http://www.piratearchive.co.uk/eastmids/enoch/RadioEnoch-EastMids-6243SSB-CompleteBroadcast-11-2-79.mp3 Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 16, 2020 I want to 'like' the post but it's my MP so... Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted April 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 16, 2020 I hate playing monopoly as well, but I usually just grin and bear it. I actually managed to win once. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted April 16, 2020 Moderators Posted April 16, 2020 So, my MP has just come back from London and spent the day going door to door with 5000 leaflets. Doughnut. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted May 7, 2020 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2020 COVID thread? Top Twitter? I settled for here. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted May 7, 2020 Paid Members Posted May 7, 2020 She needs to mind her tone. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.