Greggs - What you having?

Bus Surfer

• Paid Members

So it's lunchtime, and I've already polished off the crappy chicken and veg in my lunch box a few hours earlier. Greggs it is. 

My go to is the old faithful Corned Beef Pasty. And when I'm feeling a bit fresh, I'll maybe have a sausage roll too. 

What you having? 

*half expecting some Pound Bakery shout outs, but I've never had one. 20190614_123747.thumb.jpg.e88ef7cb347bec4e2f3317786ef01320.jpg

• Paid Members

I did try that Vegan Sausage roll a few weeks back when they didn't have the normal ones. 

Honestly couldn't taste any difference. Which made me question the validity of meat in their normal ones. 

Sausage & Bean Melt (just seen that Iceland sell a frozen version). 2x of them, 2x Marlboro Lights and a can of Coke used to be my surefire hangover cure.

My best ever job was a 3 month data entry role at a the Greggs factory in Twickenham. An absolute piece of piss job with good people, and a SUBSIDISED canteen. Sandwiches and pasties were 20ish p each, and the doughnuts were 6p. This was when they did the custard ones topped with toffee icing (not sure if they still do).

I also go to input the sales for all of the shops every day. The amount of sausage rolls sold in those stores is unreal.

Only been in recently for a vegan sausage roll. Was awesome.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

I did try that Vegan Sausage roll a few weeks back when they didn't have the normal ones. 

Honestly couldn't taste any difference. Which made me question the validity of meat in their normal ones. 

I came here for lunch not a conversation Silky2dope, are you gonna buy me that shit or not?

• Awards Moderator

Always used to be sausage roll, now I'd go for the vegan sausage roll if they have them there. Empire biscuit if I'm feeling decadent.

On the very rare occasion they have their bbq pulled chicken roll, that's a must-have. I'd normally get two because I don't know when I'll next see them again.

• Paid Members

2 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Nothing, as it's over-priced shite. 

It's about £1.50 here for a Pasty, which isn't bad considering our work canteen prices. 

I might be misremembering, but I'm sure as a kid you could get 4 mini corned beef pasties for a quid in there... Great days. 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

It's about £1.50 here for a Pasty, which isn't bad considering our work canteen prices. 

I might be misremembering, but I'm sure as a kid you could get 4 mini corned beef pasties for a quid in there... Great days. 

Yep, I remember getting a steak bake and a sausage roll for about a quid when I was back in 6th Form. Then I bought a sausage roll before my final year, and it was all sorts of watery and moist, almost made me sick.

That was the end of the love affair between myself and Greggs. We kept it casual for a bit afterwards; an Oval Bite here or there, a minted lamb bake for Easter, the occasional festive bake. But then the prices sky rocketed and I could no longer justify it, especially when a Boots meal deal is ten times the quality.

Edited by Accident Prone