Bath or Shower?

Max Power

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I got that at the St Giles Hotel - which is, by my Travelodge mainstay standards, posh af. Everything was very swanky and high end, until I got in the shower and realised the shower head was about chin height. And I'm not exactly Andre The Giant.

London does this to me constantly. Amsterdam have a great track record with showers though. The last time I went the shower was built into the ceiling like a waterfall, and it was only a bloody Holiday Inn. 

• Paid Members

I usually have showers. I've had a few more baths recently, though, because I took up martial arts again after a long period of unhealthy inactivity, and I basically need to soak my geriatric-before-their-time bones and joints. Got a great deal on a huge fuck-off bag on Epsom salts on Groupon.

Apologies in advance for going all Carbomb Classic, but going off the posts on here, the Japanese custom with baths is something you'll appreciate: most Japanese bathrooms, bath-houses, and hot springs have wash taps that you customarily use before getting in the bath; they view it as something to relax the muscles in, not to get clean. 

• Paid Members

I am aware I may be about to have my "Steve Justice does wrong shites" moment but here goes. 

Shower every morning, a bath a couple of evenings a week. I also have a hot tub in the summerhouse in the garden (Not a Tory honestly) use that 3-4 times per week, usually just before going to bed. Perfect relaxation and the best nights sleep. 

• Paid Members

Didn't have a proper shower at home as a kid, just one of those rubber hose efforts that attached to the tap and would invariably fly off and spray up the walls when you turned the water up too much. 

Haven't had a bath in our house since we bought it 5 years ago. 

• Paid Members

Shower for getting clean, bath for relaxing.

Half fill the bath to a hot but comfortable temperature, get in, and then top up with more hot until it's borderline painful. 

Add headphones, close eyes, job done.

Bath. Always a bath because I'm a lazy cunt who'd rather lie down when washing myself. Not scalding though, 75% hot tap and 25% cold so it's nice and balanced. Whack the laptop on the toilet seat, wireless earphones in and I could spend hours in there with Netflix. Add to the experience even more by whacking a packet of crisps behind your head.

Edited by AdamTH17

45 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Some of you are going to die in the bath.

Yeah, everyone talking about how many things they do in the bath makes me realise how hyper anxious I am. I wouldn't dream of holding an electronic device in the bath for fear of electrocution. Nor would I have a valuable electronic device in the bathroom while it's all steamed up lest the steam damage the device (I actually leave my iPod outside the bathroom while bluetoothing to a cheap wireless speaker on a shelf by the sink). I won't even read a book in the bath because I worry about ruining the pages with my wet fingers. Daredevils and mavericks, the lot of you.