Bath or Shower?

Max Power

• Paid Members

Only had a bath in the family home as a kid. Especially awful before my older brothers moved out and there were six of us in the house.

These days, always a shower. I can only remember having had a bath twice in the past 20 years - a couple of years ago after I did a short film/photoshoot where I was caked in bodypaint and make-up, so attempted a bath and multiple showers to get rid of it all, and at ATP in 2007, when our Butlins chalet only had a bath, so having a quick bath before going to watch GZA.

Shower all the way. I can change the temperature at the turn of a dial, use the showerhead for all those hard to reach places and take a steaming piss before watching it glide effortlessly down the plughole. Shame on those who bathe in their own dead skin and soap scum.

Oh, and there's nothing more depressing than a low pressure shower. I want to feel the grime being lifted off.

Edited by Wideload90
Low power showers are worthy of commentm

• Paid Members

Oh, and my flat, when I moved in, was above a bathroom fittings shop that was going out of business, so it was kitted out with a brand new bathroom. 

As a result, I've got this mad bullshit;

https://www.mirashowers.co.uk/showers/digital-showers/mira-platinum-ceiling-fed-high-pressure-combi-boiler/

I've never mounted the wireless controller to a wall fitting or anything, it just sits on my sink. So it's effectively a remote control, set to the exact pressure and temperature right away, only have to turn it on. It's a ridiculous extravagance. 

I'm pretty certain I've had exactly seven showers in the last fifteen years. I hate them. I feel claustrophobic, I've been bad at getting the temperature right, I feel like I have less control of how I wash, I feel rushed rather than relaxed, it feels like more of a chore because I can't listen to music/read while I'm doing it, and standing up is rarely preferable to lying down. My only regret is environmental, because undeniably I use a lot of water bathing every day.

• Paid Members

Showers, without a doubt. I'm a tallish lad, so I've never experienced a proper, full-on bath since I became too big to fit in the tub. Sat there with my knees to my chest, whilst the water gets lukewarm and the novelty wears off. Showers all the way.

Saying that, there's nothing worse than using someone else's shower only to find that a) It's too small so I have to bend my knees to get under the head, or b) the water drips out with the lowest pressure imaginable. You often get both of those features at budget hotels in London.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Pretty sure baths use less water than showers (depending on how long you stay in there and how full you fill the bath), so you're alright.

Other way around on average, showers use much less than bath's. It's one of the questions that helps set the direct debit when you get / move somewhere with a water meter

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Saying that, there's nothing worse than using someone else's shower only to find that a) It's too small so I have to bend my knees to get under the head, or b) the water drips out with the lowest pressure imaginable. You often get both of those features at budget hotels in London.

I got that at the St Giles Hotel - which is, by my Travelodge mainstay standards, posh af. Everything was very swanky and high end, until I got in the shower and realised the shower head was about chin height. And I'm not exactly Andre The Giant.