Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Good combo of olf duffers and Young Chinese Players getting through so far. Hoping for Hamilton and Perry to round off the former contingent. Obviously, you never know how a debutant will react to the Crucible, but Wu Yize is one I enjoy watching a lot, can blow folks away on his day even though he's 12.

Easy day for Day. He went 4-0 up and then Scott Donaldson pulled out of the match due to a tremor. Day also made a break of 146 which gives him a very good chance of getting the £15,000 high break prize. With his form in recent years I was expecting him to be struggling to keep his place on the tour but what a season he's having.

I was watching the Perry / Davis match as it was happening and to see that pink missed was heartbreaking.

Perry commented on the post match interview that he felt physically sick to finish the match and knock his friend off the tour. Can well believe that.

Fingers crossed Davis can make it through Q School now.

• Paid Members

Some tasty matches in the first round - Ronnie vs Junxu could be quite decent and although Ronaldo will be the red hot favourite, the kid is no slouch. Some really, really tough matches to call. 

EDIT - Draw for the #BigOne

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Pang Junxu
Ding Junhui v Hossein Vafaei

Luca Brecel v Ricky Walden
Mark Williams v Jimmy Robertson
Judd Trump v Anthony McGill
Jack Lisowski v Noppon Saengkham
Robert Milkins v Joe Perry
Shaun Murphy v Si Jiahui
Mark Allen v Fan Zhengyi
Stuart Bingham v David Gilbert
Ali Carter v Jak Jones
Neil Robertson v Wu Yize
Kyren Wilson v Ryan Day
John Higgins v David Grace
Gary Wilson v Elliot Slessor
Mark Selby v Matthew Selt

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Absolutely gutted not to be there covering it this year - really missing the buzz of the media day and seeing all the old faces. Looking at some of the behind the scenes snaps it looks like more media than ever have packed in for this year - that’s lovely to see even if I’m absolutely seething with the worst kind of FOMO and professional jealousy. 

Next year, going to launch a crowdfunder to attend as UKFF’s official correspondent. Or if I can kip at someone’s gaff in Sheffield I’ll do it for free. Or for sexual favours. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Pork Pie said:

Kyren Wilson appears to be the only one who knew a photo was being a taken. It also looks like Murphy wants to murder him.

This reminds me of Smurph’s last run to the final because they’ve got previous - if you recall, Murphy started off behind in their match but pulled it back towards the end of a session and start fist pumping and celebrating with the crowd to get under Wilson’s skin. It worked and he went on to win the match. He then absolutely mullered him in the press conference afterwards saying how some players forget that this isn’t just sport, but it’s theatre and they have a duty to perform for the crowd. Can’t remember the exact quotes but essentially tried to say he was soft as shite.

I totally forgot that his round one opponent is the same chap that beat him at the UK a couple of years back and he went on that massive rant about how it was unfair playing against amateurs!

Happy Crucible Day to all those that celebrate! Here's to two weeks of the absolute best sporting competition of the year. 

Couple of decent articles from The Guardian that I've just read.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/apr/14/ronnie-osullivan-focuses-on-being-calm-before-world-championship

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/apr/09/snooker-world-championship-crucible-sheffield-john-parris-cues

The latter about cue making was so interesting. 

May the balls go in easy and the wrist actions be smooth (FNAR FNAR) 

Oh, and as always, I wish diarrhoea on anyone that shouts "Go on Ronnie!!!" in really quiet moments. You are the worst.