Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

He's such a weird knob. I don't like to be negative about someone's appearance but that smile really says serial killer. I know he wants people to have more respect for the game but he's not going about it in the right way. 

Hopefully Joe O'Connor wins the tournament. His game is coming along nicely and I think he could be a top 16 player. Seems like a decent guy too. I don't think I can handle a Murphy vs Carter final. 

• Paid Members
On 2/23/2023 at 2:26 PM, Gus Mears said:

You ever met Smurf through your work/attendence at snooker stuff @Fatty Facesitter? Based on nothing but interviews etc. imagine he can be a right diva.

A few times - always good for a soundbite but an odd bloke. Always raids the press biscuit and crisps table, which I’m sure you’ll agree is neither right nor proper. 

This post back in November sums up my thoughts on him and how he acts. Basically a self-centred weirdo.

On Kyren Wilson, exact opposite - great bloke. Bought me three shots after his world final with O’Sullivan. His brother is a good egg as well. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

Disappointed it's not a Wilson vs O'Connor final. Instead we get Carter vs Murphy. It's like we've gone back to the dark days of 2008. And I'm fully on the side of a Murphy win. He's weird and clearly can be a cock as shown in that video above, yet I'd rather him than Carter who storms around the table shaking his head at every little thing that happens. At one point last night he was shaking his head when the shot went exactly as intended. I've tried liking him and maybe he's a lovely guy outside of snooker but I just find him so unlikeable. 

• Paid Members

I love how non-plussed even the WST social team are towards Murphy. Straight bat with the copy and a moody looking graphic too. Excellent.

Annoyingly he's played very well over the past couple of tournaments. A great time of year to come into form...Jesus Christ if he wins the Worlds again I might have to switch off altogether. 

Thankfully my baby was screaming in my ear when the match finished so I didn't have to listen to the post match interviews. To be fair to Murphy he's playing really solid snooker. He deserved the win. It's a final I won't be looking back on with fond memories though.

The Tour Championship is going to be another mixed list of players. These days I think it's the biggest tournament outside of the big 3. It's one of my favourites of the season. 

It's been an interesting season with a lot of top players not doing that great and some surprising results From the lower ranked players. Ryan Day for example I don't think I've seen him play overly well all season but he put together a few wins, won a tournament and is in the best position he's been in years. O'Sullivan and Trump have both won a big tournament but not a ranking event which is why we're not seeing them in these ITV tournaments. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not long now until the Big One begins. On the one hand it looks like my days of being there to cover it are done for now while Eurosport goes through their big reshuffle/merger - but I’ll be watching from afar with gusto. 

Some real complexities in the Tour Champ this year with big names missing out. Love a good best of 19.