Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

As I have done every year for the past 5 without the slightest hint of success, I'm backing Robotson to win.

It's mad that someone of his ability has only won the #BigOne once and hasn't won it since 2010. Every year though he always struggles with the Crucible - he's obviously a tall, statetly fellow and it's extremely tight when it comes to the two table setup if you're lanky like he is. Every year though it's excuse after excuse - it's the venue, it's the table, it's something with his opponent, etc. It's never, ever him. He's a great player and in my few dealings with him during pressers and media ops he's always got good chat. But when it comes to the Worlds he needs to give himself a good shake, stop whining and just crack on. Because on his day he's a force of nature. Like thunder, if you will...

In a hypocritical and highly controversial move from me, I've plumped for Murphy to go the distance. He's in great form and as I've said many times in the fine pages of this thread, he's a mentality monster and will love throwing a bit of mind games in to give him that extra edge. He has a somewhat closeted nasty streak hidden behind the somewhat bubbly exterior. 

Sidenote - What a shame to see they've swapped the red carpet for a dull grey so that the Cazoo branding stands out. The Crucible carpet should always, always be red. 

• Paid Members

Fair play to Pang Junxu - hung in there and showed he's one for the future. Ronaldo far from his brilliant best - but even when he's half asleep he's still better than virtually everyone else. Mad to think he won that without even getting a century. He'll need to raise his levels against Ding or Hossein though otherwise it could be an early-ish exit for the main man. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Handsome Hossein's barnet when he can't be arsed to shave it is an unmitigated disaster. Someone buy that lad a pack of Gilette.

Definitely a transplant! You can see the outline. Only 28 and before this he looked about 50. Now he looks...well, about 45. But once it's all gone through he'll look about 30...by which time he probably will be. 

Bingham through now after vanquishing the Angry Farmer - Bing Bong can beat anybody on his day so always one to keep an eye on as he's always capable of reaching the latter stages. Poor season by recent standards for Gilbert. 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Definitely a transplant! You can see the outline. Only 28 and before this he looked about 50. Now he looks...well, about 45. But once it's all gone through he'll look about 30...by which time he probably will be.

Must have tapped up Jimmy White for where to get it done. He looked great when he went full cue ball, don't know what he's doing.

Death, taxes and Robertson playing some absolutely belting snooker in the early rounds before dropping out midway through. 

Hope I'm wrong, mind you. 

And boo with the Crucible's usual burgundy carpets and dressing being chucked out! That was iconic. 

• Paid Members

I'm all for Vafaei giving it a bit of needle against Ronnie. I've been weary of Ronnie's shtick for a good few years now, and it's about time someone points out that the reverence for 'The Class of 92' does the modern game absolutely no good. Snooker needs to move on from the 90's and players like Vafaei are so refreshing in front of the camera. I'm sure Ronnie will blow him away in Round 2, but Vafaei winning would be so memorable. 

Also The Gardener, for once, is a phenomenal snooker nick name.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Chilly McFreeze said:

Also The Gardener, for once, is a phenomenal snooker nick name.

I like that it treats him as a real person, with real playing and personality traits. 'Prince of Persia cos he's from Iran' is so lazy. Then again, we're about ten years removed from Ding being billed as 'Pot Noodle'.

I mean I hope Hossein gets absolutely destroyed because it's the classic sporting schadenfreude watching somebody get beat who said the other person should just retire, but yeah he's great for the game. Vafaei/O'Sullivan is the My Way match of the tournament. Can't wait.