Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

Apparently he promised to moonwalk into the arena the next time he gets into a final. I bet he would commentate on his own matches if they let him. 

What a season Milkins is having. After a drunken low point in Turkey last year he's since won his first ranking tournament and is putting some good performances in. When I see him I can't help but see the british bulldog. The wrestler and the dog.

• Paid Members

A short story - 

Having made a maximum earlier in the week, Shaun Murphy busts out this incredible shot in the semi-final and immediately ruins it by turning to the crowd and saying "That was pretty good, wasn't it?"

Ever the entertainer, he then MOONWALKS INTO THE ARENA for his final against the Milkman. 

It wasn't enough. 

FpXTcD-WAAQRler.thumb.jpeg.0d7306aeb2aaa2b0d5e87c46c1255ded.jpeg

The Milkman wins the title AND the BetVictor series to take home 230k in total. This is just under a year after he got absolutely smashed at a tournament in Turkey, split his chin and had to go to hospital to have his stomach pumped. Bring on the celebrations. 

He's actually a tidy player and the top 16 hate playing against him because he usually gives them a run for their money. What a win this is. The third year in a row where an unfancied player has won it (Jordan Brown in 2021, Joe Perry in 2022). That's a huge windfall as well. He's 46 and yet he's ageing like a fine win. He first got his tour card in 1998!

EDIT - Big fan of this man-spreading during his interview with a hint of tummy threatening to burst out of his shirt. 

Screenshot2023-02-20at15_47_59.png.acfcab818c62c91cc27cbbc3620a6a75.png

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

I'm really happy for him. That is a big amount of money for anyone but it feels way more special going to Milkins than to one of the top players. For him it's career and life changing. It also brings other rewards like the real possibility he'll be in the top 16 and won't have to play qualifiers for the world championship. If he keeps up the good form maybe he'll even make it to the Masters next year. It's an amazing turnaround after the Turkey incident where he could have gone the other way and fell off the tour. He looks like quite an angry person when he's playing but as soon as he speaks he seems like a really nice guy.

The Players Championship starts tonight. A lot of big names haven't made it and a lot of names you wouldn't expect to be in there are. I think that often makes it more interesting. Who would have guessed that players like O'Sullivan and Robertson wouldn't make it but Chris Wakelin and Tom Ford would?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Pork Pie said:

Talking of Dominic Dale. Does anyone else find it weird the way he chalks his cue?

I find him utterly fascinating. The mad hairstyles (less so now he’s aging), the constant grin as if he’s a master of the art of self-felatio, the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he chalks. The way he can go from getting absolutely battered by complete nobodies one week in a Barnsley qualifier, to smashing someone like Neil Robertson 4-0 the next. Another complete enigma. He’s talked of retirement a few times but somehow keeps picking up enough wins to stay on the tour. I’ve heard him say before he’d love to stop playing and do commentary full time - he’s only offered odd stints in the Comms box but he usually comes across well enough. 

Snooker still has characters!

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

2 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:
  • Nob pills
  • Cremation
  • River cruises
  • Nob pills
  • Kevin Bacon
  • Nob Pills
  • Funeral plan
  • Nob pills
  • Free Parker Pen just for inquiring