Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

E55F933B-2332-40FD-AE44-205977292471.thumb.png.9048dbbb5d403448ceeb61847cdce58e.pngDE6E88A6-49A6-45EF-A4BD-0BF86BE69904.thumb.png.b05a886ff8ed8cc4309670492a3136a5.png

Losing 6-0 and clapping each side of the audience on his way out in his sparkly waistcoat is absolute peak Shaun Murphy. The charismatic enigma. 

Fun fact about Bingham/Smurph - they used to be good pals. Until Murphy grassed on Bingham for betting on matches (no suggestion he deliberately fiddled frames and results. He just liked a flutter and didn’t think anything of it). Sheriff Murphy, upholding the law of the great sport. 

Bingham is an absolute Rolls Royce when he’s on form. Surprised he was so dominant after talk of dodgy eyesight in the run up to this one. That’s going to be a cracker against Trump, as will Lisowski/Williams. Brilliant Masters this year. 

Murphy is just ridiculous and is great entertainment value because of it. When Bingham is on form he's incredible. The bigger tournaments seem to fire him up. His career is interesting. Spent years just making up the numbers and then at an age when many players start falling down the rankings he became a top player.

It's time Trump won another triple crown tournament but Bingham winning a second Masters would be nice to see. It would be special to see Williams win another big tournament at his age but I'm rooting for Lisowski the most.

I didn't get to see much of that because of work but that's a big blow to Lisowski. Even if you lose you still want to put up a fight and entertain the audience. But as much as he plays down his own abilities Williams often looks better than he ever has. No shame in losing against one of the greats but it still must feel shit for Lisowski. 

• Paid Members

By 2018, Mark Williams hadn't won the World Snooker Championship for 15 years. He hadn't won any other event for six years. I think at one point during the 15-year stretch he might even have dropped out of the Top 16 briefly. His career was essentially considered to be on the decline. 

Since that incredible 2018 World title win with that epic final victory against John Higgins and his infamous naked press conference, he's professionally aged like a fine wine. He's won more events since that World title win and has been fiercely competitive against the likes of Ronnie. During Covid, he revealed that he missed practicing and playing so much that he'd binned off some thoughts about retirement and had a newfound appreciation for the game again. It's showing in his performances - he's playing with such a unique freedom where he just does not give a flying fuck. The obscure break offs. The one-handed shots. Falling asleep in his chair in-between matches. He's just fucking brilliant. He's full of mischief every time he comes to the press room as well - he's the sort of fellow where if he takes the piss out you, he likes you. 

Him winning this year's Masters would be another fantastic achievement in what is now a 30+ year career. He'll probably spend his £250,000 winnings on more kebabs, or more likely, a trip away with his wife where they'll act like they are teenagers with raging hormones. 

4880856-0-image-a-33_1539079380815.thumb.jpeg.3327c7e7bbf2a8108008353a2f466616.jpeg

The People's Champion. 

Turned out to be a very entertaining final. It took a while but Trump started to show his normal game towards the end and went up a gear. I'm disappointed for Williams but also happy to see Trump win another triple crown event. He's too good not have won a load of them by the end of his career. 

• Paid Members

Apart from one smelly frame that dragged, I thought it was an excellent final that could have gone either way.

For Trump to find that extra gear and win without playing his best snooker in the tournament will give him a massive confidence boost heading into the Worlds. Had it been any other opponent though, I think Williams would have won it. He was cueing absolutely beautifully. Neither of them could get too far in front of the other and in the end Trump took his chance at the end, as he has done several times in this year’s event when it looked like he might be bowing out. Serious bottle. 

Still a few events to go until the big one but the Worlds already looks so intriguing this year - genuinely difficult to call. Fucking love this mad sport. 

Glad Trump won. I thought he deserved that after coming back and just trouncing Williams at the end.

Williams just looks like a smells of BO and fags. Couldn’t even be assed to crack a smile (even a fake one) in the interview afterwards or take his hand out of his pocket to accept his medal.

The right player won.