thatvinylgeek Posted April 4 Posted April 4 I think I've figured it out. We have pivoted and essentially they now book Un:Real rather than weekly wrestling. The weekly shows are just a vehicle to make us tune in to see how they came up with or explain the mess behind the scenes. Wrestlemania is nothing more than a tease to get you to tune in and watch them talk about why Pat McAfee being in the main event of night one is amazing. It's genius when you think about it! Quote
Chili Posted April 4 Posted April 4 1 hour ago, thatvinylgeek said: I think I've figured it out. We have pivoted and essentially they now book Un:Real rather than weekly wrestling. The weekly shows are just a vehicle to make us tune in to see how they came up with or explain the mess behind the scenes. Wrestlemania is nothing more than a tease to get you to tune in and watch them talk about why Pat McAfee being in the main event of night one is amazing. It's genius when you think about it! You are giving them way too much credit. @Hannibal ScorchMania 11 is probably the actual dirt worst of them. Quote
Tennessee Moltisanti Posted April 4 Posted April 4 Logan Paul, Jelly Roll, Speed, Lil Yachty, Pat McAfee. How on earth do people still watch this "wrestling" show? Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 4 Posted April 4 (edited) 3 minutes ago, sukhy said: Logan Paul, Jelly Roll, Speed, Lil Yachty, Pat McAfee. How on earth do people still watch this "wrestling" show? More importantly.. how on earth do you know what a Lil Yachty is? It sounds like a Fast Show joke name for a rapper, or something. Edited April 4 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 4 Paid Members Posted April 4 Just now, d-d-d-dAz said: More importantly.. how on earth do you know what a Lil Yachty is? It’s a small boat no? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 4 Posted April 4 1 hour ago, Chili said: @Hannibal ScorchMania 11 is probably the actual dirt worst of them. It’s a very bad one, but I’d still take is over Wrestlemania 9 and Covidmania Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 4 Paid Members Posted April 4 16 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: It’s a very bad one, but I’d still take is over Wrestlemania 9 and Covidmania +1 for Covidmania, I was going to chip in with that one. I liked the Cena/Wyatt…thing at the time, but I suspect if I watched it back I’d feel differently. I didn’t enjoy Styles/Taker at all, and I’m curious as to what an actual match between the two would have been like, had Covid not disrupted things. 1 hour ago, sukhy said: Logan Paul, Jelly Roll, Speed, Lil Yachty, Pat McAfee. How on earth do people still watch this "wrestling" show? I’m not an enormous fan of Logan Paul, but at least he’s a full-timer and has become pretty good at what he’s done. The others…I have no issue with celebrity involvement when it’s done well, and they all have their positives (I thought Yachty added to Trick Williams’ act) but having them all in at once is a bit jarring. Wrestlemania feels less like their big show this year, and more like an event with a lot of guest stars. I’m sure it’ll be enjoyable on the night(s), though. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted April 4 Posted April 4 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: It’s a very bad one, but I’d still take is over Wrestlemania 9 and Covidmania Yeah Covidmania has to be the worst. Just horrible. I know it couldn't be helped but Mania 2, 9 and 11 are better than Covidmania by every metric possible in my opinion. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 4 Posted April 4 Another thing that confuses me, they said wrestling has more than one Royal family? What family does Pat belong to?! Quote
NeverYield Posted April 4 Posted April 4 I'm not sure Pat McAfee adjusted his belt buckle and touched his shades enough last night Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 4 Posted April 4 1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said: Another thing that confuses me, they said wrestling has more than one Royal family? What family does Pat belong to?! It seems to be universally accepted now that it's one of their trademark 'pivots', and McAfee wasn't the original choice. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 4 Paid Members Posted April 4 (edited) 1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said: Another thing that confuses me, they said wrestling has more than one Royal family? What family does Pat belong to?! To be honest, when Orton said that I assumed he was talking about his own family. The Rock seemed more logical when people suggested it, but it wasn’t my initial thought. Edited April 4 by RedTwoster Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 4 Posted April 4 There was talk a few days back about whether or not it feels like Wrestlemania season or not and how the build to it has been underwhelming. I can say that I’m overly excited for the show, but after this I’m just at a loss for words for what the fuck they’re even trying to do. Why didn’t they just have Cody win the Elimination Chamber and face Drew in a big gimmick match. Not the most exciting thing I’ll admit, but it’s a match that is much easier to build with how Cody lost the belt a few months ago and earning a shot to win it back against the guy he lost it to. The simplest of things just sometimes make the most sense. Instead we’ve got 15 time World Champion Randy Orton in a 2026 main event, and for some reason he’s been taking advice, apparently, from an ex-American Football player turned wrestling commentator. Back in 1996, the night that Austin won the King of the Ring and Austin 3:16 and all that jazz he beat Jake Roberts, who was painted as being a relic of a past era looking for one last shot at glory. Jake Roberts was 41 years old at that time, 5 years younger than Randy Orton is now. Quote
WrestlingForFun Posted April 4 Posted April 4 51 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: There was talk a few days back about whether or not it feels like Wrestlemania season or not and how the build to it has been underwhelming. I can say that I’m overly excited for the show, but after this I’m just at a loss for words for what the fuck they’re even trying to do. Why didn’t they just have Cody win the Elimination Chamber and face Drew in a big gimmick match. Not the most exciting thing I’ll admit, but it’s a match that is much easier to build with how Cody lost the belt a few months ago and earning a shot to win it back against the guy he lost it to. The simplest of things just sometimes make the most sense. Instead we’ve got 15 time World Champion Randy Orton in a 2026 main event, and for some reason he’s been taking advice, apparently, from an ex-American Football player turned wrestling commentator. Back in 1996, the night that Austin won the King of the Ring and Austin 3:16 and all that jazz he beat Jake Roberts, who was painted as being a relic of a past era looking for one last shot at glory. Jake Roberts was 41 years old at that time, 5 years younger than Randy Orton is now. I mean yeah … but put that Jake Robërts next to THIS Randy Orton and ask people to guess their ages. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 4 Posted April 4 16 minutes ago, WrestlingForFun said: I mean yeah … but put that Jake Robërts next to THIS Randy Orton and ask people to guess their ages. I not meaning it as a direct comparison, more an indictment of the fact that it’s 2026 and we’ve got Randy Orton in (one of) the main event(s) of the biggest show of the year. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind Orton, especially since he came back after his long layoff, but I’ve no desire to see him at the top of the card ever again. It’s no better on the other night either, where the even older CM Punk is headlining. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.