The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

The other thing that's annoying me, is what is the point in watching the TV regularly if even the biggest stars have to stand in cuck corner when the big boys come back?

The other other thing that's annoying me is how often are Rock and Reigns even going to be on TV before Mania?

The other other other thing that's annoying me is that I'd just about made my peace with watching WWE in spite of the McMahon stuff, and now they're literally using the TV to try and wash the McMahon stink away.

The other other other other thing that's annoying me is that Cody must be fucking gutted, and he seems like such an earnest good guy who's just worked very hard for the company since coming back and they've still fucked him. 

Horrible company. Wish I was fan of literally anything else.

• Paid Members

At this stage I think I'd rather see Cody vs Ilja than Cody vs half leg Seth.

Absolutely horrible decision but based off the press it's already getting it'll be great for hiding from the Vince news for a few months. Have Rock do all the late night shows with contractual obligations that no questions can be asked about VKM, job's a good 'un, HHH has got them out the fire.

He'll get booed out the arena at WrestleMania, Michael Cole will try and spin it as fans believing Roman is the head of the table. Postman Pat will be praying college football starts again soon to get himself away from all of it.

Roman wins after Solo or an Uso interferes and we go back to the last save point before we try to finish the story again.

I do feel for Cody, if he hadn't torn his pec, he'd have won the belt at MSG, then if he hadn't had Roman closing in on some records he'd have won it at WrestleMania, now if it wasn't for The Rock having to save the company's PR image he'd have won it at this one. 

Let's get ready for Royal Rumble 2025 folks, Cody at number 1 to set some other records.

Edit: Credit where its due though, the Barley story arc has been fantastic and it was some stellar character work from her last night. Not an immediate face turn but hurt and angry enough at her close friend shes going to take her belt and kick her head in at WrestleMania. Stratton as a first challenger works great too.

Edited by I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

It's a shame they shit the bed with the ending of the episode, because now no one is talking about how good it was when Bayley spoke Japanese and the trio looked like they had seen a ghost. 

5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This is a hilariously shit decision if this is the way they're going, but I do like people that take wrestling far too seriously lose their shit over it, that's always fun to see.

Poor old Cody. Not quite Luger'd him, but near enough. 

This is a strange take, unless I've missed people escalating their distaste beyond wrestling and throwing their TV's out of their windows or lobbing excrement at the Samoan embassy.

I think in the context of wrestling, it's perfectly reasonable to think this is shit or that it might impact your enjoyment of Mania or question the morality of covering for a nonce with The Rock.

Unless the point is you think wrestling is so silly and worthless, that it's not worth even having a favourite or opinions on anything? And that'd be sad.

The absolute worst thing about all of it is, I reckon they might have Solo cost Cody against Seth as a backdoor back into Roman/Cody. Ugh.

Cody should just challenge Logan Paul.

• Paid Members

Fuck it, at this point I'd even take Cody backpedaling and saying he meant 'Wrestlemania...Night 1'.

I couldn't think of anything worse than Cody Vs Seth either, Drew deserves the shot against Seth. 

• Paid Members

Another thing is, if Cody is challenging Seth and they're not going "oh actually I get my title shot at the chamber" (which would also be bad as Romans winning streak ends before facing The Rock) then Roman should not have cut that promo saying all the stuff everyone thinks about Seth's silver medal.

19 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

This is a strange take, unless I've missed people escalating their distaste beyond wrestling and throwing their TV's out of their windows or lobbing excrement at the Samoan embassy.

I think in the context of wrestling, it's perfectly reasonable to think this is shit or that it might impact your enjoyment of Mania or question the morality of covering for a nonce with The Rock.

Unless the point is you think wrestling is so silly and worthless, that it's not worth even having a favourite or opinions on anything? And that'd be sad.

The absolute worst thing about all of it is, I reckon they might have Solo cost Cody against Seth as a backdoor back into Roman/Cody. Ugh.

Cody should just challenge Logan Paul.

I didn't say you can't have a favourite or opinion on anything, where have you got that from?

I also didn't say you can't think it's shit or that it might impact your enjoyment of Mania. Again, where have you got that from?

In fact, I said I think it's hilariously shit, which it is. It's an absolutely dreadful decision. 

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

I didn't say you can't have a favourite or opinion on anything, where have you got that from?

I also didn't say you can't think it's shit or that it might impact your enjoyment of Mania. Again, where have you got that from?

In fact, I said I think it's hilariously shit, which it is. It's an absolutely dreadful decision. 

No no, I haven't gotten it from anywhere but you said it was funny that people were taking wrestling too seriously and I hadn't seen any examples of that, so was just wondering what you meant.

If you weren't referring to people in this thread, fair enough. And if I have missed examples of people throwing their TV's out of their windows or throwing shit at Samoans, then fairer enough.

I'd say all the responses in this thread are perfectly fair enough.

Three generations view points...

Me a 42 year old grumpy man - Meh, what a waste of Cody's character building

My 30 year brother who is actually going to mania is now (ever so slightly) disappointed....disappointed about going to mania...madness

My 11 year old twin girls who LOVE Cody - "Why is he fighting the man from Jumanji" 

Which surely goes to show they are only doing it for themselves to save face in the press and not the fans. 

It's Bayley's story to finish now! 

Edited by thatvinylgeek

Whilst I know the Internet isn't real, it would be very funny if WWE themselves were the ones to bring back the 'boo everything' era of hatewatching. They've had such goodwill for so long, be fun if they've inadvertently dragged us back to the world of 'you can't wrestle' nonsense.