The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

That was fantastic all round. 2024 Rock is fantastic and Roman came out of it looking like an even bigger star. Such a pity Rollins has to be involved in it, he doesn't deserve screen time with Rock/Roman and Cody and looks so out of place when alongside them. But, he can do the job at least I suppose.

Fully on board with Solo singing the anthem if its bloodline rules on night 2 as well!

So what do we think? Is this all a master plan by The Rock and Cody to take everything from Roman? To destroy the Bloodline from the inside?

Clearly Roman has/had doubts. He wasn't sure of The Rock's sincerity. Has The Rock acknowledging him put his doubts to one side? I'm not sure. His ego is fragile enough that public acknowledgement might be enough but did The Rock acknowledge him too easily?

It's a fascinating story if the handle it right and WWE has shown over the past 18 months that, yes it has made some mis-steps, BUT it is capable of layered storytelling when it wants to.

Either way, I'm in for the ride. Who is on whose side? I don't know but I will definitely be following the story to find out. 

22 hours ago, Supremo said:

I see the Seth fans are getting ready for his appearance with Rock and Roman tonight.

IMG_7751.thumb.jpeg.154b20a7b7483fdafe7a71c6f90d166d.jpeg

#NotSethFan but that thought did cross my mind. Then I thought back over the years and realised he’d have to be Keyzer fucking Soze working us this entire time for that to be true.

• Paid Members

Holy shit. Is it too late to switch it back and do Rock vs. Roman at Wrestlemania? He’s completely turned it around. You wouldn’t believe this is the same guy doing all that shit with Jinder a few months ago. Fully dialed in. Absolute superstar.

Seth’s gonna get eaten alive.

I'm like 5 minutes into Smackdown and it already feels like the hottest era in WWE's history.

Here's The Rock looking like a megastar, oh here's Roman Reigns looking like a megastar, don't forget Cody Rhodes the megastar, and here's Seth Rollins, then there's Logan Paul who's a megastar... oops, don't forget KSI who's a huge star in his world, and here's Randy Orton who's a big star too.

It's just a constant stream of stars being stars. And Seth Rollins.

The big Prime bottle on the mat can fuck off though.

26 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I'm like 5 minutes into Smackdown and it already feels like the hottest era in WWE's history.

Here's The Rock looking like a megastar, oh here's Roman Reigns looking like a megastar, don't forget Cody Rhodes the megastar, and here's Seth Rollins, then there's Logan Paul who's a megastar... oops, don't forget KSI who's a huge star in his world, and here's Randy Orton who's a big star too.

It's just a constant stream of stars being stars. And Seth Rollins.

The big Prime bottle on the mat can fuck off though.

It tailed off massively, but that core group of stars is huge.

Gutted that they teased Cody/Rock before moving on to the tag match, as Cody/Rock night one and Cody/Roman night two would have been spectacular.

The Rock's entrance was amazing. Rollins just coming out like a sad sack to Cody's music was absolutely hilarious. It's like if the Two Man Power Trip had headlined a pay per view against Undertaker and Essa Rios at this point. They're not even hiding it.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

What’s Cody’s obsession of signing for a company and then not being able to fight for the world title because of a stipulation he had in a match he lost?

Last night read to me like the fix comes in on night 1. 

Night 1 is the night of schmozz. Drew will be there, the Bloodline will be there, KO, sami, Heyman the lot... and it'll end with The Rock costing Roman explicitly, giving Cody a clean swing at the title.

It seems the best way to go to get all their shit in, without overshadowing Cody's win.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Last night read to me like the fix comes in on night 1. 

Night 1 is the night of schmozz. Drew will be there, the Bloodline will be there, KO, sami, Heyman the lot... and it'll end with The Rock costing Roman explicitly, giving Cody a clean swing at the title.

It seems the best way to go to get all their shit in, without overshadowing Cody's win.

Sure, but you realise Cody isn’t winning right?

The segment was obviously top notch. It feels pointless trying to point out any potential lulls in what's probably one of the top bits of business they've ever done. So many moving parts, the crowd there for every bit of it. But of note, I thought Seth fitted in much better this week - which was the last piece to fit the build really needed - with his Arsene Wenger in The Matrix look. 

As much as I hate the diarrhea stuff, him doing his idiot laugh when the crowd chanted it completely unprompted got me good. No witty comeback from the Great One either. Gerwitz should have fed him a line for that eventuality! Rock and Roman trashing Seth as a clown and a crossdresser makes complete sense, for me, because it's something the crowd already like about Seth and it's exactly what two bullies would do, so it gives him a bit of fire and lets you know in the context of the angle "This guy's lower down the totem pole, but that's poor form lads. I want him to leap up it and beat you both now." 

9 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Sure, but you realise Cody isn’t winning right?

I bet you he does.

I win, you have to stop watching AEW. You win, I'll give up the Cody bedspread.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz